BDP-S550 - lost the menu list for portals like Amazon Instants etc!

jeallen01

I don't use the machine that much, and now mainly for accessing on-line films via the portals on the menus.

I think I did last that 2-3 months ago and could access the menus for Lovefilm (as it was) and so on, but when I tried last night, that menu had completely disappeared and no way could I see how to get it back!

The machine reported that it had an address on my Ethernet network and that the firmware was up-to-date. Does anyone have ANY idea what may have happened, because I don't unless it was something to do with a recent firmware update?

I also have a new and uninstalled BDS-S490 3D player (purchased late in 2013) to replace it, but never got around to doing that - so, before I do, any idea if that will run into the same problem before/after any firmware updates?

OTOH, I also have a Sony SMP-N200 on the same network switch on the Ethernet network and that can access the Amazon Instants portal, but needs some resetting up to get that as it was also used last sometime ago.

Thanks in advance.

John

mentm

I have the s550 it has never had any streaming services amazon or otherwise, the s490 should though.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom