Wanted BDP-LX91

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by ChrisOH1, Oct 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ChrisOH1

ChrisOH1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Looking for one of these please if anyone is moving on to 4K et al.

Based in South Wales

Thanks for looking

Regards

Chris

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. masterchefpaul

masterchefpaul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    Hi mate, I'd steer clear from this player, i had 2 & the drive went on both eventually, you'd be better going for either an lx58 or 88,much quieter & quicker at loading discs too, decent build quality as well.

Cheers, Paul.

3. ChrisOH1

ChrisOH1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the heads up Paul, sad to hear. Were you able to get a replacement drive at all?

I'm looking to get the best Bluray (non 4K etc) player I can to go with a Kuro, hence looking at Pioneer's high end from yesteryear. Plan to let all this 4K / 8K HDR etc sort itself out before taking the plunge in a few year's time

Regards

Chris

4. masterchefpaul

masterchefpaul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    Hi, no i couldn't find anywhere to buy just the replacement drive from, only pioneer had them but they wanted to fit it too at a price of around £500 or so, if memory serves, i picked up an lx58 a few months ago for £225 & there was someone on here selling an lx88 a few weeks back for £400,which at that price is an absolute bargain, and i actually said on the thread at the time that i would've taken it in a heartbeat had i not long ago bought the lx58, not sure if the 88 sold or not, but a quick search of the forums & I'm sure you'll find the for sale thread.

Cheers, Paul.

5. UPTHEOWLS

UPTHEOWLS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +315
    HI Chris,
    I had LX91 as well and the driver went on mine it Cost me over £300 a few years ago now then i sold it on as i did not have faith in it !!

I bought a Cambridge Audio Azur 752BD over six years ago and it is stll going strong no problems and its a great CD player as well BEST blu ray player i have owned ;) and it go's well with my kuro as well.
    you can pick them up for £250 to £300 now second hand.
    They have now Discontinued the 752 at Cambridge audio for the new 4K version.

Azur 752BD

Regards ALLEN

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  6. ChrisOH1

ChrisOH1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Plumped for a Dennon BD2500BT from the bay. Paid a little over the odds but it looks clean. Hopefully the HDMI on the Kuro media box will take care of the rest. It seems to convert the current input from a Samsung player to spdif ok so fingers crossed or it’ll be back on the bay at the weekend.

Thanks for the input

Chris