1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BD808 loosing blue in RGB-mode

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mizt, Mar 23, 2005.

1. mizt

mizt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

A few months ago i bought a Barco Data 808, wich i have been very pleased with, but 2 weeks ago something strange happened.
    I have the BD808 connected to my pc via a standard vga (9pin-dsub?) connector -> 5 BNC cable. and when i pressed "5" on the remote the picture showed up like it should, only it was missing blue.
    the blue CRT wasn´t sending any light at all :rolleyes:
    Looking into the blue tube at the raster i realized that i could se countours of what was the desktop, so it was indeed getting the information, it just wasn´t as strong a signal.
    I´ve tried changing BNC-cable and switching the red and blue connectors without result, so it´s not the cable thats broken.

The DVD and my playstation2´s picture looks fine(through S-vhs) so it´s not the blue tube alltogeather thats behaving weird. it´s just throught throught port 5

I´ve also tried removing and reinserting the cards, but that didn´t helt eighter..

Has anyone got any idea of what is wrong? :(

I´m beginning to feel desperate, please help! :lease:

Thanks in advance

//Daniel

2. mizt

mizt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Noone´s got even the slightest idea? :rolleyes:

In the whole of CRT-Projektion history i´m the first one experiencing something simmilar to this? :eek:

Any thoughts on whether it vould be possible that i could still use my blu tube if i use port 3?

//Daniel

3. ledoctt

ledoctt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Daniel, if the blue voice don't working on port 5 you probably have transistors(2n2905) and diodes (1n,4148)burned on the board RGB input+switching it's typically on tt barco because the input are very sensible ... because the amplification are in différentials.....

You can use the Port 3 it's the second input analog it's better than the port 5
    you must have adaptator DB9/ 5BNC......

4. crteaman

crteaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Mizt,

You should be using port three as a standard procedure for this,the 9 pin connector on barco is propriety wired,also most Barco's require negative sync (but not 100%).
    Are you saying it was working then suddenly stopped? if so it may well be a fault as ledoctt has said.

james (crt)

5. mizt

mizt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

Thankyou so much for replying to me. :hiya:

Yes, i know, my barco is one of those that require negative sync, so i´ve been using powerstrip for that.
    But i if i use port three it should be able to handle both negative, and posetive, right?
    Yes it´s been working fine for the first 3 or so weeks.

So, if i find a new RGB switcher board it should work again, am i right? :)`

I found a quite nice picture of one on curt palmes site.
    http://www.curtpalme.com/Barco808.htm
    5) RGB switcher board:
    ^- I´m guessing this is what i´m looking for

If so would anyone be able to tell me what the parts name for this board?

//Daniel

6. mizt

mizt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I´ve been looking around the net, and it seems i´m looking for a part number starting with R76.

The problem is i can´t seem to find any numbers on my boards.
    Could someone pleace tell me where i should look, the only numbers i seem to find are the labels with the barco "-O-"-symbol on and something i guess is the manifactureingnumber or something(it´s the same label on all the boards)Or, maybe i am just going blind? :(

7. ledoctt

ledoctt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi it's written of on of the two slots , you can see a label white with part number R76XXXX .