1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BD801s Problems : Rewording + Pictures

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by pegFACE, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pegFACE

pegFACE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, some folksies in the know are having problems understanding my problem so here it is with pictures

Here is an example of a standard white screen with the blue fading bars at the side, abiet slightly exagerated to demonstrate the problem

[​IMG]

Also, here is an example of when i get the OSD up, you can see that the colour to the right of the box is the same as the centre...

[​IMG]

I've swapped over the red and blue BNC cables to see if it makes a difference thus assuming its the HTPC input at fault, but no, it stayed blue.

Help!

2. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,857
    Pegs,

I had the same problem with the slight line to the left half way up the screen, i take it thats the prob we are looking at?

I thought this was caused by lines overlapping on the tube face and reset the height of the picture slightly and it disapeared!

It was more notice able on using the HTPC but was also there on s-video. Now it has gone.

Sorry cant be any more technical.

3. pegFACE

pegFACE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks THX, i will try your fix

The real problem is the blue tint at the side of the screen, i find it quite annoying :(

Cheers

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I thought it was band width limit but it stays with the resoloution and frequency reduced.

Could be the quality of your cables I suppose.

Bring the blanking in and don't watch these bits?

Does it do it on plain video?

there are some options under picture tuning (depending on model) do they help?

5. pegFACE

pegFACE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Update

I've swapped the blue and the red G2 boards around, didnt solve the problem :(

Tommorow a mate is coming around with a Laserdisk player and we are going to try out the S-Video input, see if it goes away..

sigh......

6. tryingtimes

tryingtimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    I've got this as well. Obviously not as bad as your diagram and it is only noticable on pure white images.

My complete stab in the dark was that the blue tube was worn, it was therefore running brighter than it would normally therefor the edges (not as worn) were showing the blue.
    Complete guess - could be talking out of my behind!

I also have the white line about halfway up the left hand side of the screen. Mine is a kind of sharp bottom edge with a trail off up the screen.
    Did you get rid of yours?

7. pegFACE

pegFACE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    okay, Update...

My matey (cheers puablo) came round with his LD, and boy, am I glad i've got progressive scan, because wow!, the interlacing was AWFUL... alas, i didnt really gather if there was a blue tint on the screen but my gut feeling is there was'nt, so i'm going to go to Maplin tommorow and purchase another VGA>BNC lead, and see if that solves the problem...

Unless anyone has any other suggestions...

LD was linked via S-Video port to Barco

And i fixed the line buy playing with the linarity...

8. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Alex the line issue is caused by the convergence board. when these are set by the factory they are done for 4x3 images. then when you vertically squeese the image you then have to tease the line out. Unfortuneaty the convergence board can't be adjusted in the projector.

The next time I'm up your way I'll pop in.

Pegiface's problem is an odd one talking on the phone the blue edges move with horizontal phase which must mean that it is signal related. and can't be the tube. He was running a high resoloution for a BD801 but the lower resolutions didn't improve things. the fact that the barco black box is casuing the stripe tends to make me think that it is bandwidth limit.

Pegiface can you tell us what resoltution and vertical refresh you are using again?

9. pegFACE

pegFACE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dropped it down to 1024x768 over the last few days, before it was 1188x666, both at 60hz roliand...

As mentioned the tint didnt go away when I brought the res down

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.