BD701 convergence

S

soerenp

Since December I've enjoyed my new HT with a BarcoData701 pj. I find the experience quite stunning. I've clocked 170 hours of use since December 20'th. Should I be worried ? :p

However, the old BD701 is a little flaky and I've had to fix several problems. The final remaining issue is a slight convergence trouble with horisontal blue/green at the very bottom of the picture. The corresponding control seems to be completely dead. It has no effect whatsoever. I compromise with the control "window" just on top of the bottom one.

I'm out of clues except maybe for the firmware. My version is 1.01 Is it up-to-date and if not how would I go about updating it ?

Thanks

Hi flo

I don't think so. I didn't find any mentions of I2C in the menu system. I suppose my BD701 is quite an early one. Serial no. is 1052436.

Right now I'm watching Will Smith in "I Robot". I'm tellin' ya - just beautiful - like goddam cinema :zonked:

Hi,

It looks like we have same problem with the blue convergence. I have it out quite a bit on the bottom of the screen ( ceiling mounted pj ) i was thinking of trying something 2day and i'll post the outcome later. My pj is right against the ceiling and image is shifted quite a bit on the crt face but i'll tilt my pj so i can move the image closer to the middle and reconverge. Think that it should help

Bart

Hi for adjustement Hor Shift Red an Blue you have two pots on Board focus+shift . So you can adjust it if bargraph scale it's out of the range..on middle screen

You must be carreful verificated connectors polarity on The board Convergence output.. when you push buttom right on remote the convergence must move on right If it's move on left You must turn connector convergence output

ledoctt

Bart : Let me know about your results. What is your firmware version ?

ledoctt : My convergence trouble is not really a matter of raster shift. For blue/green settings when using the bottom center "window" you may control up/down for vertical alignment and left/right for horisontal alignment. My left/right control is dead in this "window".

ok, got ya. well, this is slightly different from my problem. I am to lazy to do it tonite but will tilt my pj tomorrow. i've moved the image up to center it on the tubes and the convergence is better.

bart

Hi soerenp all convergence don't working on blue in all other windows than the center??. if y understand perhaps you probably haves problems on board convergence output.........

I'm told there is a good chance that my problem is on the convergence driver board 762454. One of the tiny swiches may fail.

I'll investigate the tip and keep you posted.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom