BD60 firmware help.

henryv

Established Member
Reaction score
Warm greetings,
I have just bought a Panasonic DMP-BD60.
How do I find out which firmware it has?
I cannot see anything in the instructions.
Also what is the latest update number?

many thanks,

Henry.

Warm greetings,
I have just bought a Panasonic DMP-BD60.
How do I find out which firmware it has?
I cannot see anything in the instructions.
Also what is the latest update number?

many thanks,

Henry.

Hi Henry. :)
Should be the same as the 35,have a look here.

It's very strange, but the manual seems to suggest that you can only see what your current firmware version is, when a new one becomes available !

However, according to this link

BD | Digital AV | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global

there is an update dated 3rd June 2009.

So get your player networked, set the appropriate options for Firmware Auto-Update, and you'll see what you currently have before it gets replaced !

It works!!
I am on 1.5
Thank you Kingfats!!

Philip,
I do not have a PC.
I am an iMac man.
I usually send a CD-R to Panasonic and they do it for me.

Thanks again,

Henry.:):):)

Philip,
I do not have a PC.
I am an iMac man.

Well, I used to be an Acorn man, but that didn't stop me accessing the Web !

Don't you have a router for a broadband connection to your iMac ?

A simple ethernet cable from the Blu-ray player to a spare port on the router is all you need.

The player will normally get appropriate network settings from the router, so no setting up required - and certainly no need for a PC !

Then, no need to mess about with checking web-sites, or downloading files to burn to CD, or waiting for the postman to arrive - just let the player sort out its own updates, whenever a new one becomes available !

So the new firmware is 1.7?

My Panny BD60 (Region A) just arrived. I'll probably plug it straight into the router tonight and see if it updates.

PS - Do we have a BD 60 Owners thread? Can't seem to find one.

Does a mod have to set these up?

Hi Philip,
I am not too good with computers.
On the Panasonic site it said they only supported PC's and not Macs for downloading updates, i.e burnt onto a disc.
Is this different?
I do have a router.
I also have a wireless Macbook - would that be ok?
My router is a long way from the BluRay.

Well, I used to be an Acorn man, but that didn't stop me accessing the Web !

Don't you have a router for a broadband connection to your iMac ?

A simple ethernet cable from the Blu-ray player to a spare port on the router is all you need.

The player will normally get appropriate network settings from the router, so no setting up required - and certainly no need for a PC !

Then, no need to mess about with checking web-sites, or downloading files to burn to CD, or waiting for the postman to arrive - just let the player sort out its own updates, whenever a new one becomes available !

Last edited:
Just setting my BD 60 up now.

Unit had Firmware 1.1 and says 1.7 is available so updating now..

Hi Philip,
I am not too good with computers.
On the Panasonic site it said they only supported PC's and not Macs for downloading updates, i.e burnt onto a disc.
Is this different?
I do have a router.
I also have a wireless Macbook - would that be ok?
My router is a long way from the BluRay.

Henry,

Pages 13-15 of your player's User Guide show you exactly how to connect the player to your network - there is no PC or other computer involved in this, at all.

If you don't want a permanent connection from the player to your router, you could just watch out for new firmware by checking the Panasonic link yourself every-so-often, then disconnect and plug in your player much nearer the router, using a portable TV to see what you're doing.

Not as convenient as a permanent connection, but that's how I did the first couple of updates on my Sony player.

You could also use a pair of Homeplug devices, rather than an ethernet cable.

I now use something like these

85 Mbps Home Plug Double Unit Pack: Amazon.co.uk

although I bought mine off Ebay.

Most are completely Plug and Play, i.e. no setting up required, although, if you do need to change settings on them, they have an inbuilt web interface, so you just point your computer browser at the appropriate address.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks Philip.
Is this the type of cable I need to connect the TV to the Router?

The cheaper one will work fine, but it's your Blu-ray player you're connecting to your router - NOT the TV !

Panasonic always say that :) a bit more info would be nice but there you go.

Henry

Should be very straightforward once connected to the router/broadband.

I just got a BD80 at the weekend, the first thing it did was check for new update, then ask if I wanted to update.

It took about 20min to complete (I am out in the sticks - downloads v slow)

You are right BigBilly.
I got a 20metre cable and connected to the router, as Philip suggested, and away it went.
However - I can never see any difference, before or after when it is a 'playability' update.:rolleyes:

Thanks again,

Henry

Should be very straightforward once connected to the router/broadband.

I just got a BD80 at the weekend, the first thing it did was check for new update, then ask if I wanted to update.

It took about 20min to complete (I am out in the sticks - downloads v slow)

Hi all, I am a new owner of the Panasonic dmp-bd60 BD/DVD player and like many others i'm sure, I want to make it multi region if possible.
Can i do this with a firmware update?
I have seen a website which loans out remotes & codes i guess to make my player region free for 29.99 has any one tried these and will my player revert to just region 2 after i have to return the rented remote etc.
Surely there must be a better option..

any comments welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, I am a new owner of the Panasonic dmp-bd60 BD/DVD player and like many others i'm sure, I want to make it multiregion if possible.
I have seen a website which loans out remotes & codes i guess to make my player region free for 29.99 has any one tried these and will my player revert to just region 2 after i have to return the rented remote etc.
Surely there must be a better option..

any comments welcome

Cheaper option here. :smashin:

Thank you for the info so i guess i can use a one4all remote from argos and one of the panasonic codes to unlock my dmp db60. hopefully it will work:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom