BD Player recommendation please - <£150 region free (dvd) & media

Riyazi

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Been reading up on these threads and reviews of a lot of BD players out there and there seems to be a very good choice

Now that I have set up a proper surround sound system, would like to make use of it with a BD player! This would be my first one so a bit confused about all the options

My requirements are
1) Reasonably priced (another way of saying cheap?) - Don't want to spend more than £150 but it will be great if it is less than £100
2) Region free - for DVDs at least but if its Bluray as well it would be a bonus. Doesn't have to come region free - as long as there is a relatively easy way of making it region free
3) Media files - either streamed from a computer or by usb. Not a major requirement but it would nice if this option was there

While reading up I have come across a few players which are regarded as good and seem to satisfy the above criteria
1) Sammy 1600
2) Sony 360
3) Pioneer 7200

Would like to know whether there are any other options that I should consider or even a preference of the above 3

Thanks

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks - looks like the Sony 360 is a popular choice. But just read the LG 350 is quite good too.

you can't go wrong with either at that price point.

you can't go wrong with either at that price point.

Agreed.

Sony has zero options for playback via USB etc though is probably the only distinct difference between them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom