BD/HD DVD drives and Power DVD Ultra help.

Gae

Novice Member
OK, I'm thinking of getting either the LG BD/HD DVD drive or Pioneer BD drive for around £80-90 at Dabs.com. The LG drive states that the connection type is serial ATA while the Pioneer is SATA but there is no mention of pin numbers for either. Does anyone know if the LG is the standard interface or the newer SATA type? I have both connections but have to enable the SATA connections and cables etc which came with the motherboard.
Also, I've noticed in Power DVD Ultra the option to choose either HD DVD or BD in the "configuration" settings. When switching between formats is it just a question of choosing one or the other by clicking the box and then just restarting the computer? Does it work better with a BD/HD DVD dual drive or single ones as I'm currently playing HD DVDs via the XBOX 360 HD DVD drive through my PC with no probs at all.
If there is a problem of compatibility on the PC then I will just wait and buy a standalone player further down the road.

Thanks for any help.

Gae

NicolasB

Distinguished Member
OK, I'm thinking of getting either the LG BD/HD DVD drive or Pioneer BD drive for around £80-90 at Dabs.com. They say that the conection type is serial ATA but no mention of pin numbers. Does anyone know if this is the standard interface or the SATA type. I have both connections but have to enable the SATA connections and cables etc which came with the motherboard.
The "S" in "SATA" is short for "Serial". :confused:

Gae

Novice Member
The "S" in "SATA" is short for "Serial".
So I gather they are both SATA then? I cant remember the name for the old interface type...I thought it was serial ATA. Confused now. :confused:

Gae

Of course.......IDE/ATAPI............Doh!!! :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Netflix in October 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom