1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BD 701 Problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bartp, Jan 10, 2005.

1. bartp

bartp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys!
    As you probably notice i am new to this forum. So... Hello to everyone!
    I've been searching around the crt market for a while and finally ended up with BD 701 for now. I am pretty on the top of the things but...
    I had no problem setting the pj up on the ceiling but can't get rid of a slight problem: my blue on green convergence is slightly out on the bottom of the screen in the middle. i am running it on HTPC 800x600@60Hz.
    Would appriciate if someone can help me finding source of the problem

Regards,

Bart

2. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you mean you cannot adjust when you're trying to do convergence from blue on green?
    When you're in 'random access', go into 'convergence adjustment', choose 'blue on green' and select the area that gives the problem...what numbervalue do you read? Can you adjust the position from the blue grid onto the green grid in this mode?

regards

3. bartp

bartp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well, i can adjust it, so the blue raster moves. it's perfect on the whole area apart from small part of the bottom centre. it is quite out. with blue raster movet max to the left. it's still out at the end of adjustment. Mechanical adjustment of the lenses is fine.

bart

4. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Bart,
    As you know, when doing convergence you have to choose a block and adjust it. One block influences another block. That's why you have to start convergence in the middle and then do the blocks around the mid block, like this you work from the inside towards the outside.
    In your case, maybe the blocks next to the mid/bottom block are set in extreme values and that could influence the fact you're not able to adjust that mid/bottom block.
    Maybe you could start with a set to midpoint and redo convergence.

regards

5. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    some questions:
    - did you check if the deflection yoke is firmly attached to the bell of the CRT?
    - did you turn any potmeter, like the one for Vertical Amplitude for blue?

regards

6. bartp

bartp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've set everything to mid point and reconverged again with different resolutions and refresh rates. still no joy. Haven't changed any settings apart from electromagnetic focus and readjusted G2.
    Any ideas???

Thanks,

Bart

7. patt

patt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi can you start with the problem you are having do you get c12 come up in the convergence block i have just set up my 701 and it look fine this is a easy projector to set up should be all set up in 1 hour