bbrooke's intro and bedroom setup

bbrooke

Standard Member
Reaction score
UPDATES SEE POST #14

Hey all,

Long time reader first time poster ;)

Just wanted some suggestions and things for what to do next... Heres my setup currently. Im only 17 so it takes a little longer to build up than id like.

Consist of..
LG 37" 1080p
360 Premium
Wii
Samsung DVD/Vid
XP Media Center

and in the corner my new laptop :)

First impressions?

My main priority is sorting out the awful carpet from previous owners and getting my first decent surround sound setup.

great set up for a 17 year old! good choice of posters ;)

simple things you could do would be to hide the cables at the side of the tv unit. you could also add some surround sound for the full movie experience!

great set up for a 17 year old! good choice of posters ;)

simple things you could do would be to hide the cables at the side of the tv unit. you could also add some surround sound for the full movie experience!

Thanks,

I completely forgot about those cables, doh :oops:

Are these package surround sound deals bad usually? I dont think i want to start buying seperates and yamaha seem to do a couple of decent looking packages..

Very nice for a 17 year old! :)

What colour is that on the back wall? Exact name if possible, not the blue :)

well you get what you pay for, best thing to do is look at the sound section on this forum theres some great advice to be had. whenever i've found a few products im looking at buy the next thing i do is start searching the internet for all the reviews i can get my hands on that way i can (hopefully) find out all the little niggles or flaws they may have, doing that you should avoid buying any turkeys!

gd luck with your search

Love the T.V, (37" :mad: got mine in 32) Looks well tidy, might need to swap the 360 for a PS3 thou :p

I wish i had that kit when i was 17. I am twice that age and I havent got much better. Great job!!!

(jealous)

*edit*i see you have the same stand as me....well i got the bigger one with the backing board....IKEA FTW!!!

Its 'Intense Truffle' from the Dulux feature wall range. Really thick and its about £11 for 1.25L. :thumbsup:

Thanks!.

I'll be doing to of my walls in that colour soon, Just need some free time and a nice sunny day and I'll get to it :D.

Are these package surround sound deals bad usually? I dont think i want to start buying seperates and yamaha seem to do a couple of decent looking packages..

I've got a Yamaha AV59. I really like it although I have nothing to compare it against :D

Nice setup, did you frame the posters yourself or did they come like that? I've got a couple of film posters but can't find frames the right size :(

I wish i had that kit when i was 17. I am twice that age and I havent got much better. Great job!!!

(jealous)

*edit*i see you have the same stand as me....well i got the bigger one with the backing board....IKEA FTW!!!

Yeah i love Ikea :D

Might try and go there tonight, im after an led strip for behind the lcd. Oh and hopefully picking up a wall bracket next week . Will update pics as things progress..

Ive been mucking about in PS with ideas..

Heres what i have so far. Excuse my noob skills ha :rolleyes:

tvxf3.jpg

Thoughts? :)

UPDATE TIME :)

Having left my whole set up for far too long and changing plans ive got a few updates to make..

Firstly, complete re arrange of room. Removal of wardrobe and false wall.

New PS3 and made an order for a couple of floorstanding speakers and amp to start my sound upgrade off.

Enough talk, heres the pictures :thumbsup:

The destruction starts..

Excuse the lovely yellow colour the people left before us, and those huge holes they didnt fill before putting the false over the top! :rolleyes:

Having seen that heres what i plan to have once tidied a little :rotfl:

sketchup1un2.jpg

Hope to see the plasterer in a couple of days but im back to college tomorrow so we shall see.

What do you guys think in the mean time? Id appreciate comments positive or..constructive ;)

Oh..ideas on colours, wallpaper? I was thinking of making the fireplace wall a feature wall. Some fancy wallpaper or something..

Feature walls always look good, i'm 17 too dude, the beauty of having no bills! lol

got hd70 on order, u going for projector or sticking with tv?

Where did you get those posters from bud? They rule

Al

Feature walls always look good, i'm 17 too dude, the beauty of having no bills! lol

got hd70 on order, u going for projector or sticking with tv?

Where did you get those posters from bud? They rule

Al

Ah yeah definately, im learning to drive though and its not cheap :eek:

I will be going projector (screen will be above tv, where white part is) but depends on money really. I was going to go for a HD65 or something.

The posters were from a local shop (Chelmsford). £20 each framed. :smashin:

nice one mate, yeah hd65 looks to be a good option, some cheaper screens on ebay too at the mo, might be worth taking a look.

yeah tell me about it lol, £40 a lesson, it sucks! u got ur test booked yet?

Al

I hate this place sometimes, where the hell do you kids get your money from!? lol. Really great looking set up though, Im 23 and almost finished my setup which doesnt look as good as that :(

Has that shop got a website bud? really want some nice posters

well i've been working since I was 15 3/4, was lucky enough to have quite a good wage and now i'm in sales so money is ok, got nothing else to spend it on! lol

I'm getting the shizzle whilst i can, got a feeling after one week with the new pj my mum will force me out :)

Alex

nice one mate, yeah hd65 looks to be a good option, some cheaper screens on ebay too at the mo, might be worth taking a look.

yeah tell me about it lol, £40 a lesson, it sucks! u got ur test booked yet?

Al

Has that shop got a website bud? really want some nice posters

well i've been working since I was 15 3/4, was lucky enough to have quite a good wage and now i'm in sales so money is ok, got nothing else to spend it on! lol

I'm getting the shizzle whilst i can, got a feeling after one week with the new pj my mum will force me out

Alex

Hey i know what you mean about working. Nice to have some money when your friends havn't :cool:

Is that £40 an hour for you?! Nah ive only done about 10 hours, most likely do an intensive week soon and knock it out in one go.

The shop doesnt have a website, its just some small one off type thing. Im getting rid of those pictures so if you're interested give me a PM, not after much. Rather see them go somewhere appreciated :thumbsup:

I hate this place sometimes, where the hell do you kids get your money from!? lol. Really great looking set up though, Im 23 and almost finished my setup which doesnt look as good as that :(

Thanks for your comment :)

As for the money i work hard, im only on £4.50 an hour so you can imagine how much time has to be put in :eek:

I just try an make the most of double pay offers and stuff heh.

Looks good :) im 22 and dont have a set up anywhere near as good as that!! What programme did you use to do the virtual room??

Ah cool, ill have to try sketch something up for my room, Cheers

Hey that looks great, did you do that mock up in Google Sketch Up, is it?

I'm 17 also and looking to do my room up too, I already have a 20" iMac 32" HDTV and 360 just gunna wall mount and stuff and your place looks great so far!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom