BBC's Normal People Season 1 TV Show Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
All the women I know on Facebook are banging on about this at the moment - so I'd dismissed it as some romantic pants I'd not be interested in. :D

All the women I know on Facebook are banging on about this at the moment - so I'd dismissed it as some romantic pants I'd not be interested in. :D

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised at how engaging it was despite the lack of the melodrama I'd normally associate with this kind of fare (and despite the lack of guns, which would normally engage me).

Think I'll stick with This Country and the simmering heat between Kerry and Lee. Thanks anyway.

I have to watch this to keep peace at home. Wife insists on us watching. I made a deal that she watches “Gangs of London” with me as a condition.

Got a surprise that it was Irish when i watched trailer, just after reading review, it never mentioned it, just presumed it was English!

Got a surprise that it was Irish when i watched trailer, just after reading review, it never mentioned it, just presumed it was English!

I was trying to avoid spoilers

Why they did not cast Irish actors is beyond me.

I watched the first one last night to see what everyone was raving about... and ended up bingeing five episodes.

Yes it's a "soppy romance", but it's also really well done with two brilliant leads.

If you had any kind of relationship while you were at school there's something you can relate to in this.

Thanks Cas, glad it’s been highlighted, couldn’t find a thread on this last week.

We watched all 12 eps over last week, really enjoyed it, beautifully filmed, great choice of up close lenses, really adds to the intimacy with lovely OST too.
Considering it’s the first tv performance from the male lead, he’s one to watch out for, both leads are very believable.

Nice interview with Edith Bowman from last week

I really enjoyed this - if a bit too much sex and nakedness for something on BBC iPlayer :lesson:

Finished it last night. My fiance had read and enjoyed the book and said it was a good adaptation.

I really quite enjoyed it. The two leads were very good. A simple premise done very well I thought.

Watched the whole thing today...floored me, tremendous telly.

I am a 52 year old male.
Me and the wife watched this and I can honestly say it's some of the best TV I have seen.
Big fat 10 outta 10.

I wasn't keen when the wife mentioned she wanted to watch this. After two episodes I was hooked. We ended up watching it over two nights. A certain issue hit hard due to mirroring something that happened when I was 16. I did find their to'ing and fro'ing frustrating at times as i'm a lot more forward and wanted them to say what they were feeling instead of bottling it up.

Still in two minds about the ending. I did love it and where they ended up but sometimes love has to come first. Same sort of situation, I chose to stay. We're happily married with two beautiful (feral :p) children.

Really didn’t expect to like this (45 year old male) but thought I would try it given the hype. Wow, it was perfect. Beautifully shot and acted. Masterpiece

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom