BBC's Dracula Season 1 Review

I can get it hdr , but not with 5.1 sound. I'm hoping it will be released on Netflix with dolby vision and Dolby atmos .

The BBC don't support 5.1 on iPlayer. It's stereo only.

It may appear on Netflix eventually, or it may just disappear from iPlayer in a month and never be seen again. I find as time goes on my dislike for iPlayer grows and grows. It was such a pioneer back in the day but the it's now so antiquated compared to Netflix/Amazon/ATV. Frankly I wish the BBC would give up on streaming and sell the rights to someone else, as they clearly haven't got the money or interest to make iPlayer into a modern platform.

The poor third episode really let it down IMO. Enjoyed the first two but it didn’t end well.
Anybody that can get US Netflix this is on in Dolby Vision with Atmos sound for those that can.

The poor third episode really let it down IMO. Enjoyed the first two but it didn’t end well.
Anybody that can get US Netflix this is on in Dolby Vision with Atmos sound for those that can.
I guess if you are lucky enough to access Netflix USA via VPN.

Normally i dig these kind of series/movies but this one , although there are some good moments in it, did not get me to watch more....
The first episode was okay for me but it was all very much one on one copying for me and that made me want to stop watching.
Seen them all but i had to struggle getting me through them....
So from me this is a 5 max 6 for effort.

Normally i dig these kind of series/movies but this one , although there are some good moments in it, did not get me to watch more....
The first episode was okay for me but it was all very much one on one copying for me and that made me want to stop watching.
Seen them all but i had to struggle getting me through them....
So from me this is a 5 max 6 for effort.
I thought the first episode they were paying homage to Coppola Gary Oldman's Dracula. I enjoyed the new take on it and especially ending of episode 2.

No problem, I hear what you are saying.
One can see that as an homage but for me it felt like copying and no artistic choices of their own whatsoever so that's why I was disappointed.....no problem different tastes I guess ;)

No problem, I hear what you are saying.
One can see that as an homage but for me it felt like copying and no artistic choices of their own whatsoever so that's why I was disappointed.....no problem different tastes I guess ;)
I do see where you are coming from 👍

Binged them overnight, loved the first 2, not so keen on the 3rd, Seeing Mr Bang now being linked for the role of Mr Bond

If you have a supported device it will be flagged as UHD in the iPlayer app - what TV do you have?

IMHO Dr Who and Sherlock were eventually ruined for me by Moffat and Gatiss, who seemed to only write for fanboys and not the general public, so I watched this with some trepidation - and was not disappointed. Episode 1 was a low-budget rehash of Coppola's 1992 version except knowingly camp, episode 2 was a boring darkly-lit version of 'And Then There Were None' or should that be 'And Then There Was Nun' (sorry, I'll get my coat:eek:).

As for episode 3, how does a 500 year-old mass murderer shoot a policewoman in the head, stuff a man in a fridge and simply walk out of jail when his lawyer turns up???

On the bright side, I thought Van Helsing was terrific.

iPlayer UHD temp removed from Firestick
Thanks for letting me know i will try and watch through panasonic ub820

If you have a supported device it will be flagged as UHD in the iPlayer app - what TV do you have?

I’ve a Samsung q90r but it’s not being flagged up in uhd

Sussed it.

Iplayer on Sky no good for UHD but the app on my Samsung does work

Just finished the second episode and enjoyed it significantly less than the first. Plus, although well lit scenes looked great in UHD, the black levels were often distractingly bad.

Well I was really enjoying this up until end of episode 2, but part 3 is just terrible! Even the acting seemed to get worse, the girl playing Lucy particularly bad, which was a major problem since it was a key role. I got what they were trying to do, but it just didn’t work. Except for the last few minutes, the whole episode was filler and a slog to get though.

Well I was really enjoying this up until end of episode 2, but part 3 is just terrible! Even the acting seemed to get worse, the girl playing Lucy particularly bad, which was a major problem since it was a key role. I got what they were trying to do, but it just didn’t work. Except for the last few minutes, the whole episode was filler and a slog to get though.

Lucy was terrible in Bram Stokers Dracula aswell iirc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom