BBCHD showing 'Enemy of the state'!

I've got to watch that, what time?
I've got the disc, but I'm interested to see the quality.
Will it be 5.1, I hope so.

darn stupid stuck keys... that's 'ENEMY' not enemmy! DOH!

21.00 I think... not sure about 5.1 sound...

no problem:) It should be a good transfer, so that coupled with the superior bitrate of BBCHD should, I hope, make for some great quality pq tonight!

As posted on Digispy!!:D

Looking forward to watching tonight's movie on my Panny AE900. I saw "Enemy of the State" a few years ago on DVD and just remember it being an interesting update of Coppola's "The Conversation" from the Seventies. It even has the star of that film in it too, i.e. Gene Hackman.

Gae41

thanks for post.....cricket all day, finish off with this movie, PX200 getting a thrash today :thumbsup:

Shane

Brill... worth recording then

I thought I was dreaming (or digiguide was wrong!) when I saw that. Only seen footie, tennis and cricket so far in HD, can't wait to see a film!! (don't have the movie channels).

Is just me or is this not in DD5.1??

but the picture quality IS stunning

jimborae said:
Is just me or is this not in DD5.1??

Can't believe it:mad:

.Great picture though.:D

Just got a email from the mrs (I'm offshore at the mo), says the PQ was good, lol. Women :suicide:

I agree, picture quality is great. It's also being shown in its correct aspect ratio of 2.35:1 on BBCHD. On BBC1 its cropped.

yep a big:smashin: from me,the picture is better than sky movies hd on this occasion,to be honest im not too bothered about the 5.1 because at this time of night i cant crank it up due to the neighbours being police!!!all sides!!

MrFurious said:
yep a big:smashin: from me,the picture is better than sky movies hd on this occasion,to be honest im not too bothered about the 5.1 because at this time of night i cant crank it up due to the neighbours being police!!!all sides!!
So record it and watch it when you can crank the sound up - that's what Sky+ functionality is for!!

i am recording it, but also watching it as my wife loves the film.
shes a fan of mr hackman

Took up 13% and it shows, looks absolutely stunning. If only the movie channels we pay for looked that good!

Took up 13% and it shows, looks absolutely stunning. If only the movie channels we pay for looked that good!

Yeh, it took up over 17Gb on my hard drive!!:eek: Definately the largest 2 hour recording to date, but worth it. The movie was pretty good although essentially it was just one big chase movie wasn't it? I liked the links to the original film "The Conversation". Hackman's place was the same as from that movie and the surveilance scene in the park/square was shot almost scene for scene as part of the original.

Gae

tonyprince said:
Started to watch it but the BBCHD logo ruined the enjoyment ..

Yes. They could easily have positioned it so it was entirely in the black border - though that might be even more distracting.

There wasn't a logo on the BBC1 showing of the film, so why on HD?

was this a true HD movie (ie not scaled) then if there was no 5.1 sound track?
Anyone know for sure it was filmed with HD cameras.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom