BBCHD showing 'Enemy of the state'!

S

spikerules

Not sure if people have noticed already, but its on tonight:)

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
I've got to watch that, what time?
I've got the disc, but I'm interested to see the quality.
Will it be 5.1, I hope so.

S

spikerules

darn stupid stuck keys... that's 'ENEMY' not enemmy! DOH!

21.00 I think... not sure about 5.1 sound...

S

spikerules

no problem:) It should be a good transfer, so that coupled with the superior bitrate of BBCHD should, I hope, make for some great quality pq tonight!

Gae

Novice Member
As posted on Digispy!!:D

Looking forward to watching tonight's movie on my Panny AE900. I saw "Enemy of the State" a few years ago on DVD and just remember it being an interesting update of Coppola's "The Conversation" from the Seventies. It even has the star of that film in it too, i.e. Gene Hackman.

Gae41

shane515

Novice Member
thanks for post.....cricket all day, finish off with this movie, PX200 getting a thrash today :thumbsup:

Shane

Adama

Novice Member
Brill... worth recording then

tutu

I thought I was dreaming (or digiguide was wrong!) when I saw that. Only seen footie, tennis and cricket so far in HD, can't wait to see a film!! (don't have the movie channels).

jimborae

Is just me or is this not in DD5.1??

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
but the picture quality IS stunning

thfccambs

Banned
jimborae said:
Is just me or is this not in DD5.1??
Can't believe it:mad:

.Great picture though.:D

eddy73

Novice Member
I agree, picture quality is great. It's also being shown in its correct aspect ratio of 2.35:1 on BBCHD. On BBC1 its cropped.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
yep a big:smashin: from me,the picture is better than sky movies hd on this occasion,to be honest im not too bothered about the 5.1 because at this time of night i cant crank it up due to the neighbours being police!!!all sides!!

Tarbat

MrFurious said:
yep a big:smashin: from me,the picture is better than sky movies hd on this occasion,to be honest im not too bothered about the 5.1 because at this time of night i cant crank it up due to the neighbours being police!!!all sides!!
So record it and watch it when you can crank the sound up - that's what Sky+ functionality is for!!

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
i am recording it, but also watching it as my wife loves the film.
shes a fan of mr hackman

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Took up 13% and it shows, looks absolutely stunning. If only the movie channels we pay for looked that good!

Gae

Novice Member
Took up 13% and it shows, looks absolutely stunning. If only the movie channels we pay for looked that good!
Yeh, it took up over 17Gb on my hard drive!!:eek: Definately the largest 2 hour recording to date, but worth it. The movie was pretty good although essentially it was just one big chase movie wasn't it? I liked the links to the original film "The Conversation". Hackman's place was the same as from that movie and the surveilance scene in the park/square was shot almost scene for scene as part of the original.

Gae

loz

tonyprince said:
Started to watch it but the BBCHD logo ruined the enjoyment ..
Yes. They could easily have positioned it so it was entirely in the black border - though that might be even more distracting.

There wasn't a logo on the BBC1 showing of the film, so why on HD?

CrispyToast

Novice Member
was this a true HD movie (ie not scaled) then if there was no 5.1 sound track?
Anyone know for sure it was filmed with HD cameras.

martmiller

Novice Member
CrispyToast said:
was this a true HD movie (ie not scaled) then if there was no 5.1 sound track?
Film is far higher quality than even HD, it would have to be, to be shown on a screen the size they are in cinemas.

otherwise the pixels would be the size of footballs.

so it was scaled, yes. But it would be in effect scaled down.

Kevo

CrispyToast said:
Hope not, much rather it was filmed with er...film.

Was it me or did the image looked slight squashed vertically althoug the video aspect ratio still looked correct (2.35:1).

What was the BBC's involvement with the production of the film?
I thought they were only showcasing BBC produces (or co produced) stuff.

danvitale

Novice Member
It was excellent quality considering it was made six years ago. Good transfer.

Somehow though my SkyHD missed the last five minutes due to me being on live pause.. just as they were about to storm the Restaurant.. Luckily BBC1 had the news interruption and I could watch it on that...

..and to make the evening better I saw Sky showing By Dawns Early Light.. thats a film Ive wanted to see again for YEARS...