Bbc

BBCuk2day

Standard Member
How come the bbc release series abroad months before we get them in the uk??
I am talking about spooks series 2 but i'm sure there would be more!

Apparently the dvd release in the uk is set for the start of the airing of series 3 later this year yet it is already availiable in AUS why would they do this?

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/226042

This is the link to it anybody know anything about this company or any other AUS website where i could purchase it from?

Garrett

How come the aspect ratio is in 4:3 it was transmitted if W/S.

BBCuk2day

Standard Member
good point!! So they even re-encoded it to 4:3 and put it on dvd to sell abroad, y dont they just realease stuff quicker?

Suppose at least the uk release will prob be 16:9 and with 5.1 dd like the first series!!

On a side note does any1 know when 24 series 3 is due out on dvd (a ruff idea)

Lex

Novice Member
There have been threads on this subject before - something to do with an arm of the BBC overseas which isn't funded by the license fee or something...

Setenza

Novice Member
Yes, I have frequently ranted about BBC America. It is a source of frustration that quintessential Brit products get poor and indifferent releases in the UK and superior releases in the UK.

The complete Blackadder collection has all episodes (and I mean all including Comic Relief specials) as does the Vicar of Dibley Divine Collection. Not the case for their R2 counterparts.

J

jackjones

Not the BBC's fault. Spooks was an independent production for the BBC. They were outbid for the rights for by Contender.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom