staffy 2

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Well that’s my HD football content that I was super happy with all messed up now.After my first 4K HDR content I’ve ever watched my HD football looks a bit fuzzy and soft but this is because the bbc trial is amazing so it’s well and truly spoilt me.Its so clear and smooth the clarity is brilliant so hope this is the start of things to come.What are everyone else’s opinions about the bbc 4K hdr coverage.

The first few minutes suffered from buffering but then it settled down and the rest of the coverage was excellent. My HD sports viewing is also pin sharp which I put down to the TV having been professionally calibrated.

Hi Dave my hd is pin sharp it’s just I’ve never watched any 4K hdr content on my E7 apart from YouTube demos.The 4K World Cup coverage is so crisp and clear it’s like looking through the window and the HDR did improve the colour and it’s what Oled was made for.
My eyes have adjusted back to hd on itv now but 4K hdr is a massive jump in quality from hd and even on my 55 inch it’s a vast improvement and it’s the first proper 4K hdr content I’ve watched.

I have just got in from work so plan to watch the later game, do I have to go through the bbc I beta uhd test channel to watch it or do I just select the channel on the main page

I have just got in from work so plan to watch the later game, do I have to go through the bbc I beta uhd test channel to watch it or do I just select the channel on the main page
As soon as you enter IPlayer you will see the World Cup 'block' to click on.

Yes it looked awesome,can’t wait until emmerdale and Corrie are in 4K hahaaaaa hope Arenaman don’t see this post.

Does it need to be in iPlayer beta or normal

It’s not switching to hlg on my tv

I'm using beta, not that I know whether it makes any difference, but try going back onto home page and spain vs portgual should show now, asks if you want to view in 4k and should go into HLG almost straightaway

It looks darker than in hd on the iPlayer. Is it just me?
Same for me. Not sure if that is HDR or need to change settings

I have gone through my settings and still dark. I watch rugby on by sport 4k UHD channel. And 4k films on my player as well as watching Amazon prime and Netflix 4k. They are always sharper. Must be the BBC.

Just seen 4K UHD football on my 55" C7 OLED and as with Blue Planet, wow !!

Just watching commentators prior to Portugal/Spain match. Can see some of the replays are in lower quality. The live stuff is super sharp/bright.

Get the HDR logo popup as expected on the LG. Now match started, speed ranging from 12-27mb.

Im on a 30mb connection (usually stable 30mb too) and just had one short buffering (no one else on network at the moment).

Spoke too soon, just dropped off. Back on again straight away. Seeing peak of 27mb dowstream in my Asus router.

Last edited:
MotD keeps on buffering for me and I'm on a fast connection. Any more of this and I'll be switching to the Tivo and watching in HD.

It buffered 4 times for me during the lunchtime game, only once so far tonight. Oh no. Scrap that, it’s just buffered again.
Looks wonderful, but they need to iron these kinks out.

Switched to TiVo and HD. Too much buffering and dropping below UHD despite fast connection.

Mines perfect I’ve got 60meg.Glad you mentioned it’s darker as I thought that aswell but think that’s hdr but it’s an amazing picture and my as good as 4K hd picture was just me dreaming as this blows hd away and makes it seem like sdr and my hd picture is pin sharp or was until I saw this.My eyes will adjust though back to hd.Its nice to see there’s a big jump in quality

Recently got a B7, and this looks stunning. Agreed re the score card though, really surprised this isn't transparent...

Much darker for me too than HD, thought it was my C6 until some others mentioned it

It just buffered again twice for ages! Assuming it kicked off on time the feed I’m seeing is at least 3 minutes behind the live action. A speed test just now gave me 75.31mbps, so the buffering isn’t my connection.
It’s not ready for prime time sadly.

Completely agree about the bright yellow too....not necessary!

Mines perfect I’ve got 60meg.
I've got Virgin 350 Meg and it's buffering for me. I don't usually get noticeable buffering on anything. Will try again on a game tomorrow.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom