• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BBC Wales Analogue?

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
There are many references on the BBC website of repeats of programmes being on Northern Ireland Analogue and Wales Analogue only.

Now I'm well aware that DSO hasn't even started in Northern Ireland, but I thought it had been completed in Wales ages ago.

Is this an oversight, or have I missed something? :confused:

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Looks to me like a mistake / hangover from the old days. BBC Two - Schedules, Outlets pick any date for NI (analogue) and you get no scheduled programme - same as for Wales (analogue) which, of course has gone long ago. Wales invented a BBC2W digital-only channel pre-DSO that was killed at DSO. I didn't think NI had done the same, tough.

BBC2 analogue opts are still possible from Belfast and Newcastle as the equipment / programme chain exists. BBC2 digital opts are currently possible in NI, Scotland and Wales on SD... Will they stop on SD when BBC2 HD starts?? {That was always a BBC Nations red hot potato, although it had been suggested many times.}

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom