BBC, Value for money?

Crazy old coots

moorhens and Nigeria , you don’t get responses for pointing out actual facts it seems
of course I got an immediate salty response for my pot calling kettle black type post over Claire Balding, which I posted as an unsubtle nudge nudge wink wink about the Nigeria job bullshit alternative facts

Last edited:
moorhens and Nigeria , you don’t get responses for pointing out actual facts it seems

To be fair, it's not easy to hold yourself accountable to the same standards you expect of others.

Well that's it....just applied to cancel the TV license.

Well that's it....just applied to cancel the TV license.

Welcome to the club - approx ten years in here with no regrets.

Coming up to two years without one for me and I don't miss it at all.

We haven't watched TV for ages really. Mainly Netflix, Prime and Youtube for all of our viewing and when we had our loft conversion done recently the scaffolding blocked all signals for almost 4 months and so we didn't have access to TV at all. When the scaffolding came down I haven't wired up any box to receive a TV signal which proved the point....we just don't need TV now.

The BBC really are full of it. This was posted on their Countryfile Twitter feed.

BBC countryfile.PNG

Are they trying to divide us? I thought the countryside was a GREEN environment. And since when has Countryfile started using politics!

Last edited:
The BBC really are full of it. This was posted on their Countryfile Twitter feed.

View attachment 1325918

Are they trying to divide us? I thought the countryside was GREEN and since when has Countryfile started using politics!

And they wonder why so many switch off when no matter what the subject is, they feel the need to throw in a political, race or gender angle into a story/piece.

If I did a spreadsheet with Remote and Reason it would be at least 90% turning off the bbc.

Last edited:
If it was a current affairs/political program then I can could understand them tweeting the above, but it's bloody Countryfile. Why have the BBC felt it necessary to post this comment? By posting this it just shows how their bias works. If their editorial feel that they have to politicise Countryfile then likely that everything else they produce is open for politicisation. What's next... Jackanory coming back with original stories written & read by Owen Jones, Diane Abbot etc telling our children how evil the white man is as he has persecuted non-white people for centuries! And don't ever venture outside the towns & cities if you're a BAME person as the woods & fields are chock full of roaming racist white people.

Last edited:
Countryfile isn’t just about fluffy bunnies and pretty flowers . It often tackles and reports on issues political and on current affairs that aren’t tackled by others news programmes

Rather than asking countryfile why they tweeted this ask why BAME people find the countryside a white environment

Fixed.

Countryfile is about fluffy bunnies and pretty flowers but It often tackles and reports on current affairs that aren’t tackled by others news programmes such as farmers cutting back on hedgerows without first notifying the local villagers, or farmer Pyles who recently let one of his bulls loose by mistake that got runover by a bloody visiting townie in his BMW!

Perfectly legitimate things to be covered by Country File I'd say.

Why shoehorn racism into it though?

Perfectly legitimate things to be covered by Country File I'd say.

Why shoehorn racism into it though?
You don't watch the BBC do you? In which case it's not surprising you have little idea of what Countryfile is about. The programme covers all aspects of country life including social issues such as schooling, public transport, crime, health, suicide. They're not shoehorning in racism.

I watch little BBC, I don't watch Countryfile. If that's the sort of thing they normally cover, fair enough.

Just to add the tweet and/or DEFRA report does not say what many seem to be saying it does .

It does not say that the countryside (or people in it ) is racist it says that some BAME people feel it’s just for white people . That is not the same thing at all

Just to add the tweet and/or DEFRA report does not say what many seem to be saying it does .

It does not say that the countryside (or people in it ) is racist it says that some BAME people feel it’s just for white people . That is not the same thing at all
I worked for a County Council and during the 1990's. I was asked to do some work for The Countryside Commission who wanted to know why so few BAME people visit The Countryside. So I got in touch with 200+ BAME community groups and asked them to get their members to each complete a survey, we got back more than 2000 questionnaires. The biggest reason given for why BAME people didn't visit the Countryside was feeling unsafe because they thought they might be racially attacked. The second reason was BAME people said they didn't know 'how to use The Countryside'. Not knowing where to go, what to do was also the main reason given by lower income white people for not visiting, a group The Countryside Commission wanted information about, so we did a separate survey for that group as well.

Last edited:
The second reason was BAME people said they didn't know 'how to use The Countryside'. This was also the biggest reason given by lower income white people, a group The Countryside Commission wanted information about, so we did a separate survey for that group as well.
Ooh, don't mention that, it goes against the Great Replacement!

For real? BAME and lower income white people felt that they would be abused or assaulted in the countryside. This is Britain not the Ozark mountains and yes some country folk can be a bit ignorant of outsiders but the don't ususlly get out a 12 gauge, unless your crossing a farmers field that is.
As for not knowing how to "use" the countryside. That just doesn't compute in my mind.

For real? BAME and lower income white people felt that they would be abused or assaulted in the countryside. This is Britain not the Ozark mountains and yes some country folk can be a bit ignorant of outsiders but the don't ususlly get out a 12 gauge, unless your crossing a farmers field that is.
As for not knowing how to "use" the countryside. That just doesn't compute in my mind.

Im sure the majority of the people of the Ozark mountains would say the same, but its how you feel about the region :)

I've spent time in Arkansas and I was told by a few of the citizens of both Hot Springs and the state capital Little Rock to be careful of venturing too deep into the Ozarks as some of the "locals" are dangerous, presumably those that play the banjo and swill moonshine all day. I trailed through those mountains and met a good few locals and it would have been difficult to have met a nicer more hospitable bunch. Only thing I was concerned about were bears and snakes etc. But in saying that I'm white.

I've edited my post because the previous edit confused you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom