BBC unveils new look BBCi

P

PhilipVass

BBCi, has now unveiled its new look and improved functional BBCi. Features will include :-

- Single point of entry, no matter how you get your digital signal
- All the BBC’s interactive content available at-a-glance
- Combines text with video for the first time including digital terrestrial & cable

- New functionality: information ticker and the ability to hide & show content
- Content appealing to wider audiences
- Messaging through the TV

there will be a 'Bridge' for every BBC channel which will be linked with an A-Z index..BBC News 24 will also have its own viode streams.

The service is expected to launch on June on sky followed by Freeview and Cable in summer 2004 :)

Full story here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2003/05_may/29/21century_ceefax.shtml

Looks promising.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds11170.html

BBC unveils "Ceefax for the 21st Century"
30 May, 08:31 | satellite
An updated version of BBCi will launch on digital satellite in June, with DTT and DCAB launches following.

The thing i want to no is how my Nokia 9850t will cope with the new system and all the new graphics...i wonder if the BBC will upgrade those boxes...also i heard that 701 and 702 will be turned in to 8 1/4 screens with reduced picture quality :/

There is a MHEG update that could enable this,if it isn't possible now already,which I think it is.

I hope they replace the On Digital Menus..Canal+ should just release them if not the BBC should replace them with thier own brand. This MHEG update must take place...i cant get Free2Play to work! or Teletext.

Have you checked out the DigitalSpy Forums?

Yes and i allready no they wont update the ex itv boxes. If i cant get all the channels working like freeview.co.uk says then i am nt very happy. I was thinking of paying for an online download which would cost a lot of money...but might be worth it.

Originally posted by PhilipVass
Yes and i allready no they wont update the ex itv boxes. If i cant get all the channels working like freeview.co.uk says then i am nt very happy. I was thinking of paying for an online download which would cost a lot of money...but might be worth it.

Why don't you buy a box like mine,it's brill?

I am going to buy a new one near to the end of the year i only payed £40 for my nokia in november last year and i didnt realise i was buying a heap of junk.
Off the topic of my box according to Skydigital.media bullet the new BBCi service is coming to Sky on Wednesday (4th June) at 10am very good news i think its coming to Freeview this coming July!

I am going to buy a new one near to the end of the year i only payed £40 for my nokia in november last year and i didnt realise i was buying a heap of junk.
Off the topic of my box according to Skydigital.media bullet the new BBCi service is coming to Sky on Wednesday (4th June) at 10am very good news i think its coming to Freeview this coming July!

:smashin:

I hope so but did you read this?

An updated version of BBCi will launch on digital satellite in June, with similar updates being rolled out across digital terrestrial and digital cable platforms by the summer of 2004.

:eek: :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom