BBC stations on wifi radios overseas.

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by Spaced-Man, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Spaced-Man

Spaced-Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I hope this is the correct forum to post this.

Some of you from outside the UK may be getting a message when you try to listen to BBC radio 4 and BBC radio 2, it may affect all of the BBC stations.

The message says something to the effect of "due to rights restrictions this part of the program is not available".
    This is due to the Olympic coverage, any program transmitting from the Olympic park or anything to do with the Olympic coverage will be blocked to listeners outside of the UK both on Wifi Radios AND online via a computer.

The official statement from the Beeb is here BBC iPlayer - Help - Changes to BBC Radio online during London 2012 Olympics.

I hope this prevents loads of new posts saying "the bbc don't work on my radio"

2. ann3112

ann3112
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    Following the explanation about BBC radio stations being blocked during Olympics coverage, I wondered if any other expats have had this "due to rights restrictions this part of the program is not available" at other times ?
    We have had it occasionally in the past couple of years & it happened again this morning.
    Any ideas why ?
    Ann

3. beachcaster

beachcaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If you are using a computer for your internet radio...........just use an ip changer/masker.........and its makes it look look like you are in the uk.

Free versions are online..works for iplayer tv and radio.

barry

4. ann3112

ann3112
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Barry, it hadn't occurred to me ! I knew you had to do that to get repeat broadcasts on PC, but didn't think of it being necessary for internet radio - i will set it up, fortunately it doesn(t happen often but when it does it is always something we are keen to hear ................
    Ann:)

5. jimarchy

jimarchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I live in Qatar and listen to Radio 5 live often, they (BBC) restrict a lot of sports events but if you use a VPN (free and paid services) you can listen okay. I have used paid VPN services - one called identity cloaker and my current one Scothost.... search the internet and you will find them. identify cloaker gives you a free trial. Both services work great and you can also get BBC Iplayer, netflix etc. If your an expat you need to invest in a good VPN.