BBC Sports logos

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by andyTT, Mar 24, 2006.

1. andyTT

andyTT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just finished a week of FA cup quarter finals and went to watch a DVD last night and to my horror the BBC logo is retained (a friend has the same on a brand new PX60:eek: ).
    Having seen this before I know it will go after a few hours on normal viewing but why do the BBC insist on using the high contrast black and white BBC logos??? Sky seem to have toned down there logos using pale grey and low contrast / transparent versions, but not the good old Beeb.

I know we can zoom the image but to be honest I don't want to loose 50% the signal around the edges, SD is poor enough already even via Freeview or $ky without trying to zoom the image.

Why can they not link the logos/scores/time into the red button such that if you press "back up" you can turn the whole lot off or alternatively use a blended /semi transparent image and move it from side to side of the screen at half time.

Please, please please -- BBC and Sky, loose the high contrast static logos and score/time info (lets have something a little more subtle!!)

2. boksbox

boksbox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Surely the problem is that the Pioneer appears to be of unmerchantable quality?, why should people forgive this 'feature' in their plasmas?, the problem of burn in/image retention was curely many years ago in the CRT world.
    From my own observations, I've seen several Pioneer 436* screens with retained images, they seem to be the worst culprit.