BBC Red Button on Freeview

sazza

Standard Member
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that on Freeview there is now only one slot for BBC red Button, ie channel 301?

In which case how on earth can this article state what it does "When there is coverage on BBC One and BBC Two, Freeview will offer a choice of up to four matches. A digital text service will also be available with news, results and score updates."

Surely that is a choice of 3 matches, ie channel 1, 2 and 301?

Davenport joins BBC line-up for 2010 Wimbledon Championships - bee

Presumably, they are talking about the coverage on BBC HD which makes 4 streams.

It does seem a small mistake on a third party website.

Presumably, they are talking about the coverage on BBC HD which makes 4 streams.

It does seem a small mistake on a third party website.

It was a copy of an article on the BBC site.

It is so annoying there is only one slot on freeview now for BBC red button because it means world cup, glastonbury and wimbledon will all be fighting for slots and some has to lose. :(

I would have preferred the extra red button stream, however with the world cup, Glastonbury and the Athletics. They can make use of evening coverage on BBC3/4 as well.

I would have preferred the extra red button stream, however with the world cup, Glastonbury and the Athletics. They can make use of evening coverage on BBC3/4 as well.

They show Glastonbury on BBC3 and occasionally football but very much doubt the Athletics or Wimbledon will appear on BBC 3 or 4. The occasionally use BBC Parliament when it is not sitting but it is at the moment.

I'm afraid it's the limited bandwidth available on Freeview compared to satellite.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony BRAVIA 9 Mini LED TV: The Best HDR TV EVER?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom