BBC ONE HD and BBC HD Stereo programs played in 5.1 !

late8

Established Member
Reaction score
Dont know if this is on other platforms apart from Freeview, but the BBC have been feeding stereo mix programs in full 5.1 meaning sound is only coming from front L & R only. = no prologic option etc.

this isnt permanent is it? :mad:

Been like it for years mate, sorry.

No it hasn't - Its a constant 5.1 feed.

Usually they feed 2.0aac for stereo programs like the News and 5.1 for films.

BBC News is now showing 5.1 on my amp but it only front L & R = no ability to select pro-logic etc.

No it hasn't - Its a constant 5.1 feed.

Usually they feed 2.0aac for stereo programs like the News and 5.1 for films.

BBC News is now showing 5.1 on my amp but it only front L & R = no ability to select pro-logic etc.

I didn't mean every prog is like that, I meant BBC seem to send out 2.0 quite randomly and often.

Anyway it's not a constant 5.1 feed, jools holland midweek show is pro-logic, friday night is 5.1 DD

Watching the F1 now on BBC HD and it's coning through as DD but only to the front two l&r speakers, quite annoying.

I didn't mean every prog is like that, I meant BBC seem to send out 2.0 quite randomly and often.

Anyway it's not a constant 5.1 feed, jools holland midweek show is pro-logic, friday night is 5.1 DD

Watching the F1 now on BBC HD and it's coning through as DD but only to the front two l&r speakers, quite annoying.

Thats the problem!!! :thumbsup: - it seems both BBC 1 HD and BBC HD have been stuck on this for the past day or so now on all non-5.1 programming.

They usually broadcast DD2.0 for programs not produced in surround sound - dolby prologic processing can then be applied at home.

However its now being sent (or picked up by amplifiers) as DD5.1 but a front L & R speaker only mix. = no ability to use prologic or neo6 etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom