• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

bbc on Icecrypt

spark155

Standard Member
I am trying to get BBC 1 on an icecrypt S4000 box using the Astra 2 satellite the dish is approx 1mtr wide and i can get the box to see about 200 channels but none of them apart form bbc Hd which is encrypted are anything i recognised from a sky box
Is it not possible to do or am I doing something wrong.
I have tried to tune manually using the details from here BBC - Help receiving BBC TV and radio - Satellite frequencies of BBC channels
I am in the uk

Thanks for any help

fernandez

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

adebig

Prominent Member
As Fernandez has pointed out, BBC HD is only available Free To Air from Astra 2D. It is available on two other satellites (Hotbird and Thor) but both are scrambled so it looks as if you have to re-align your dish further to the east to find Astra 2D.

Search Results for - KingOfSat

spark155

Standard Member
Yes i think i have been fed duff info I was told that i could get Astra 2 & when doing a channel search it does indeed find channels that it says are on Astra 2a/2d/eurobird but looking at the channels it finds I think it is wrong there are a lot of TV2 + Canal+ channels most of which are conax encrypted as is BBC HD & BBC Knowledge among others.
Using a compass at the dish position and checking online I think i am getting Intelsat 10-02/thor would that be correct.
Thanks all for the replies

logiciel

Yes, it could be Thor 0.8W, way out from Astra/Eurobird.

ChorleyMatt

Established Member
Yes i think i have been fed duff info I was told that i could get Astra 2 & when doing a channel search it does indeed find channels that it says are on Astra 2a/2d/eurobird but looking at the channels it finds I think it is wrong there are a lot of TV2 + Canal+ channels most of which are conax encrypted as is BBC HD & BBC Knowledge among others.
Using a compass at the dish position and checking online I think i am getting Intelsat 10-02/thor would that be correct.
Thanks all for the replies

Looking at those channels you mention I'm pretty certain you're on 1w. Swing it left a chunk and try again!

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
Mark it with a felt tip pen if you've not already moved it (both ways left <-> right / up & down). Then you can see roughly 29 degrees to move it east & about 6 degrees to tilt it down and you can also go back to 1w at any time.

There are about 30-40 satellite positions you can receive on that 1m wide dish in the UK... it's getting quite busy up there..

That's quite a big dish just for Astra2/ freesat but you should keep the channels in bad weather longer than those using just a sky dish around you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom