• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BBC Olympic Channels

bluemoon59

Standard Member
Who has found ways of getting BBC Olympic Channels on their TV ? We have Freeview via a HUMAX HD PVR and as such can see BBC1, HD and 3....the rest we must watch on our computer / iPad.

Last night we spent 20-30 minutes trying to navigate to bbc.co.uk with the built in browser on our SAMSUNG SMART TV only to find that we do not have the correct version of Flash Player and that the LINUX browser that Samsung has built in to SMART does not have an available update !

Also available is a Nintendo Wii (which supports iPlayer for catch up) and a 1st Generation Apple TV but I don't think that supports any screen sharing from our Mac's or iPads so what other options do we have that don't involved Virgin Media or Sky....or is it back to the Mac ?

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
Try Freeview channel 301 for SD or 304 for HD - works for me. :)

Cheers,

Martin.

p.s. You'll need to have done a Freeview Channel scan recently for those channels to work so, if you have not, do one now and let's know how you get on.

bluemoon59

Standard Member
Thanks....we have 301 and 304 working and yes they are putting out Olympic content but that is not what I was looking for....if you take a look here:

BBC - About the BBC

and if you browse to:

BBC Sport - London 2012 Olympics: Day Three

you can find access to everything that is happening live and if we have FreeSat or Sky they would be on our STB streams....but not on Freeview

Can workaround this with SVGA cable to our computer and set the TV as a monitor - might be able to add the BBC SPort App to the TV as well....it's a SAMSUNG SMART...but not tried that yet

A1944

Prominent Member
Thanks....we have 301 and 304 working and yes they are putting out Olympic content but that is not what I was looking for....if you take a look here:

BBC - About the BBC

and if you browse to:

BBC Sport - London 2012 Olympics: Day Three

you can find access to everything that is happening live and if we have FreeSat or Sky they would be on our STB streams....but not on Freeview
There is not sufficient space available on Freeview for all the channels that they have opened up on satellite. There is another temporary one which was not mentioned above - 302 - which is active after 7pm.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom