bbc news

pointyone

Established Member
Reaction score
just been an article on about hd tv, only caught the end of it but it did say the world cup would be filmed in HD but no one was broadcasting it in hd , got bbc news 24on now to try to catch it again

Every game is going to be filmed with HD cameras and the HD feeds will be on offer to any broadcaster who wants to pay for them. Premiere I believe will be screening every game in HD and EURO1080 will also be offering the event in locations throughout the EU in their "event" channel and a Duch cable company (sorry don't know the name) had the last Euro Championships in HD so they would probably take the WC HD feeds as well.

If the WC is not shown in HD via a UK broadcaster it will be because the BBC and ITV decided we did not deserve the best possible product for a number of reasons that are covered in the many threads talking about HD and the WC:)

I think that was a slightly ambiguous script line. Premiere in Germany are showing the World Cup in HD. I think the reporter meant no UK broadcaster will be showing it in HD - though he may not know that the BBC are expected to have started their HD trial by then. (After all, he is in Germany...)

Stephen Neal said:
I think that was a slightly ambiguous script line. Premiere in Germany are showing the World Cup in HD. I think the reporter meant no UK broadcaster will be showing it in HD - though he may not know that the BBC are expected to have started their HD trial by then. (After all, he is in Germany...)

think they meant uk broadcasters not showing it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom