Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

BBC moved to Astra 2D

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Fernsehman, May 22, 2003.

1. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    May 21, 2003

Just received the Satcure mailshot and it mentioned the following, which I've added to:-

The BBC is in the process of switching its transmissions over to Astra 2D as I type this. The new parameters are:-

H
    5/6

H
    5/6

I understand that 10847 V may also be used for BBC London etc.

For UK and residents of northern Europe, you shouldn't notice a thing. The Sky Digibox will tune in the new frequencies automatically.

For residents in areas where Astra 2D is weak or can't be received, you'll find that you now get "No satellite signal".

However, the BBC plans to stop scrambling these programmes in the future, in which case a FTA receiver should work. If you want to try it, tune in these parameters and check your signal. You won't get picture or sound but the transmissions will be recognised and listed.

Fman

2. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya,
    Sorry for late response, but just registered with this forum. Your message most interesting. Will try these new freqs out as soon as I can get to the digibox. Understand that move to 2D FTA now been put back to mid July in order to await ITC ruling (blessing?)
    This move is good news for us Welsh/English borderers as will no longer be stuck with Sky's idea of "local" (by postcode) regions.

Cheers