BBC iPlayer not working

jayrdi

Novice Member
Is anyone else having this trouble? When I click on the iPlayer app the loading screen pops up for a few seconds and then it just closes. It just displays the iPlayer logo on a black background and then closes without loading.

This has been happening for the last couple of days. Every now and then the app does load properly but then none of the programmes will play. When I select something to watch, live or otherwise, it just comes up with an error message saying content is not available.

All other apps are working fine.

Thanks,

John

reudyfam

Yeah, same here. Tried everything I can think of, hard reset, unistalled the app etc, but nothing seems to fix it.

jayrdi

Novice Member
I asked the question on their Facebook page and someone told me it's a problem they're having with all platforms except desktop. I wish they'd tell us that though. Far better to be informed than ignored!

Trist

Trying to watch something tonight and it's playing for a second and then buffering and then playing a second. I've just done a hard reset. Strange that different video services seem to vary so much.

Netflix always seems rock solid HD for me. Amazon often drops down to a rather pixelated below SD (as did SkyGo on the old Xbox 360).

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom