• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BBC iPlayer cookies

Digsy 1971

Now that BBC iPlayer requires a login, can someone help with precisely which cookies I need to enable / allow so that the site remembers that I am logged in?

Currently I have allowed cookies to from:
account.bbc.com
bbcdotcom.2ct.net
www.bbc.co.uk
www.bbc.com

...but it still asks me to log in every time. I have checked the cookie "control panel" in the hep section and it says I have all relevant cookies enabled.

Thanks.

Digsy 1971

No takers on this? :) :)

Just posting up that I have literally just got this sorted out. I guess that one of the peculiarities of my system is that I watch iPlayer through Firefox with NoScript and all cookies blocked by default. Therefore getting any website to work usually requires a little bit of tweaking (usually just enabling scripts from the base domain and enabling cookies for that site if I want it to remember stuff about me each time I visit). However, none of that was working for iPlayer.

Oddly I can still only find a handful of other people reporting this issue, but I thought i would post this up anyway in case it helps someone.

I worked out that when accessing iPlayer, cookies from the following domains appear on my machine:
2cnt.net
account.bbc.com
bbc.co.uk
bbc.com
session.bbc.co.uk
session.bbc.com

Apart from 2cnt.net these all looked fairly trustworthy so I allowed them to persist, but no luck. After closing the browser window iPlayer forgot I was ever logged in.

Eventually (as in almost 6 months later) I found another cookie was begin set by edigitalsurvey.com

Allowing this does retain the login between sessions - at least today. No idea what else "edigitalsurvey" does and its a bit annoying that a cookie that isn't from the BBC seems to be the key to remaining logged in, but there you have it - problem solved.

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom