BBC Iplayer, 4od, lovefilm all coming to 360 next month

BIGDENNIS10UK

Standard Member
Reaction score
its weird, cos i was looking at joining lovefilm this morning, when i read this.

anyone have any experience with streaming these sort of services?

seems like it would be worth 10 pound a month to me, but i'd like to hear any experiences with streaming these services?

looks like a good edition anyway, cos i think the bbc and other things will be free, they got some great docs on bbc iplayer.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/...evo-blinkbox-and-more-coming-to-xbox-360.html

This is good news

Lovefilm is ok not great, if you check the site and click the Watch Online Tab it should list the movies, you have to pay for some of them or depends on your package.

iPlayer would be great addition, HD would be good.

Not used any of the others but I would us 4OD

Still seems to be a bit of confusion whether it will include iplayer or some other form of BBC. The email I received earlier had no mention of either.

Have to say im well happy with this, ive recently just got sky sports & movies working though sky player, the addition of BBC, ITV, CH5, youtube & lovefilm (i already subscribe) sounds great.

They need to be HD tho i doubt they will initially!

But all for free cant complain.

1 small point of speculation - ive been looking for a remote for use with 360 as the gamepad turns itself off after 10 mins which isnt great for a film or tv.

SO i found out theres a new tv remote being released (which ive ordered)

Play.com - Buy Official Xbox 360 Media Remote online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

Release date 4th Nov!!

Could this be the release of the new dash?

1 small point of speculation - ive been looking for a remote for use with 360 as the gamepad turns itself off after 10 mins which isnt great for a film or tv.

I've been using a Logitech learning remote which was simplicity itself to get working with the 360. If you have a hefty collections of remotes then I'd urge you to go down this route!

No i only have a sky remote, then i use 360 controller for xbox.

Seen 15th Nov and 25th Nov quoted for this dash update, so lets just say sometime in Nov

Love film is a bit rubbish for streaming movies. I signed up just so that I could watch movies streamed, but nothing newer than about 3 years old is available an 99% of their online library is straight to video rubbish that I have never heard of. Even kids selection is very poor. Total waste of money.
Mushii

Last edited by a moderator:
Love film is a bit of a con for streaming movies. I signed up just so that I could watch movies streamed, but nothing newer than about 3 years old is available an 99% of their online library is straight to video rubbish that I have never heard of. Even kids selection is very poor. Total waste of money.
Mushii

Didnt you have a free 2 week trial to test it?

I agree the streaming list doesnt have the new release titles, but can be great for catching up on a film you always wanted to see but never did at release.

I subscribe to lovefilm anyway for game rentals, so this will be a nice free adition for me.

Lol Lovefilm are being prosecuted over their non existent trial period. I got billed from day 1 even though I got a free months trial ( after the 1st 2 months subscription)

Loving this. I have been part of the dashboard preview program so have had this a few weeks. I have been a lovefilm customer for years so good for me.

Quality wise its not bad better than streaming from their website. The list is slowly getting much bigger for free to watch titles, a welcome addition in my book.

Loving this. I have been part of the dashboard preview program so have had this a few weeks. I have been a lovefilm customer for years so good for me.

Quality wise its not bad better than streaming from their website. The list is slowly getting much bigger for free to watch titles, a welcome addition in my book.

Tried Lovefilm out last night as we have just ended our 1 month free trial and have decided to continue for a while at least.
Was a little dissapointed, the video quality didn't seem that high and it only seemed to be in 2.1, was really expecting full dolby digital 5.1 at least, even if the video is only dvd quality. Was hoping it would rival the zune service (admittedly i haven't tried it as it's pricey), with HD content and surround sound.
Will try a little more over the weekend and check out the other titles to see whether its worth continuing with subscription.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom