BBC iplay & LG

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Janice Price, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Janice Price

Janice Price
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased a new smart LG47LM760T TV I have been trying for the last three weeks to get the iplayer going. I went onto the tec guys at pc world who have told me that there is a dispute between BBC iplayer and LG he read me an email to say the problem had now been solved.
    Which it has not. I then contacted LG who referred me to the BBC who I am still waiting for a reply I have written to PC world to ask for my money back due to breech of contract of which i am still waiting a reply. I just wish I had read all your comments before purchasing the TV. Another problem I had was that the web brouser would not let me type in the webb site I wanted but this came as a download a day after i had complained

2. jono t

jono t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    If your ISP provider is Talk Talk the there lies your problem with i player, if not then reboot you TV and i player should work for you. And make shure you are on the latest firmware ( 04.01.58 ).

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  3. johnno08

johnno08
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Janice,
    I have just brought one of these tv's but i am having problems with sound delays wheni play my media files there is around 1/2 second delay from the mouth moving and hearing the words i have tried the delay setting but still cannot get it to work correctly the tv is back at currys at the moment

4. theronkinator

theronkinator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    What have talk talk done? I am with them and regularly watch iPlayer no problem (although not on my LG TV as LG lied about iplayer support when it was sold).

5. brumster

brumster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can I just check, is there still an issue with iPlayer and LG Smart TV's (in particular, 32LS570T)?

Ours was "coming soon" when we bought it, which was fine, and then it updated and all was good - iplayer worked fine (no, we're not with TalkTalk). Now all of a sudden the iPlayer app just hangs on the "loading..." screen (helicopter bouncing up and down)... what gives? Have they pulled it again or is it just our TV that's exhibiting this...

6. brumster

brumster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Scratch that - seems there was a software update pending a restart of the TV. Did that, but still not working - then I wiped my premium content details and re-registered them, and it now works. Nice of the TV to tell me all about that (not)...

7. cecemf

cecemf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    no issues here with BBC iPlayer , my internet provider is Be*