BBC i Player UHD on Sony 65a8h OLED

LadyS

Novice Member
Can you actually watch BBC I player UHD content on a 2020 Sony A8H OLED. I would be grateful if any SONY 65 A8H owner can confirm if the BBC i player UHD content such as Vigil, His Dark Materials, Dynasties can be watched on the television. I have been saving for 12 months and have an opportunity to buy one now. The ability to watch BBC i Player UHD content will be a deal breaker.

Wez68

Distinguished Member
Can you actually watch BBC I player UHD content on a 2020 Sony A8H OLED. I would be grateful if any SONY 65 A8H owner can confirm if the BBC i player UHD content such as Vigil, His Dark Materials, Dynasties can be watched on the television. I have been saving for 12 months and have an opportunity to buy one now. The ability to watch BBC i Player UHD content will be a deal breaker.
Yes you can

Iqbal

I think you have to change to "beta player" from within the app?

LadyS

Novice Member
Thank you Wez68 and Iqbal. Will the BBC i player on the Sony 65A8H be accessed using an icon/tile on the home screen or will it be hidden in the depths of youview.

The guy I spoke to in the SONY Centre said you can use your phone to cast just like everyone else which was a disappointing comment to a confused young girl

Wez68

Distinguished Member
Thank you Wez68 and Iqbal. Will the BBC i player on the Sony 65A8H be accessed using an icon/tile on the home screen or will it be hidden in the depths of youview.

The guy I spoke to in the SONY Centre said you can use your phone to cast just like everyone else which was a disappointing comment to a confused young girl
Initially it will be in the Sony Select section , then you can just add it as an icon as an input , and yes you need to activate the Iplayer Beta to access the UHD streams

LadyS

Novice Member
Wez68 many thanks do you have a Sony a8h i would welcome your feedback on the pros and cons of this tv

Wez68

Distinguished Member
Wez68 many thanks do you have a Sony a8h i would welcome your feedback on the pros and cons of this tv
Heres the owners thread for you

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom