• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BBC HD sound fault since freesat launch

chrissyman

Established Member
Since the launch of freesat i am getting a continuous buzzing distortion on the bbc hd channel from my pace 810 it only happens on bbc hd and via hdmi and optical (BTW optical sounds much better than hdmi on this box ?) , as i only use it for bbc hd i now have a piece of junk! has anybody got any ideas on this.

i am thinking of getting a freesat hd box anyway as i have never liked the pace box very very poor IMHO, be grateful for any help (take it the tip lol)

ColinB_NI

Established Member
I noticed this too... if it is the same thing?? I recorded one of those London Sessions with Van Morrison. I was looking forward to HQ 5.1 Channel sound but was dissapointed to find a constant low volume 'clicking' sound which seemed to affect the rear speakers mostly!!!:mad:

menz83

Prominent Member
From what I have read, the clicking/buzzing noise only appears when the preview starts after midnight. It was still apparent when I flicked over to BBC HD around 4am. However, the buzzing noise had gone by the time I was up in the afternoon.

Another point is that im having a lot of audio drop-outs on Luxe HD. Also when watching more 4/E4, Im getting a bit of static/noise when one advert flicks onto the next but so far have only found it on them 2 channels.

chrissyman

Established Member
Its gone now ! sounds fine again very strange odd that its bbc hd only ,but glad its ok again

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom