BBC HD Not simulcast any more

Tarbat

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I wonder why the BBC seem to have given up synchronising some programmes on BBC HD to their original broadcast times. So, this week we have the new episodes of Silent Witness on BBC1 on Tuesday and Friday nights, but on BBC HD on Friday or Saturday. Wonder why their not broadcasting Silent Witness on Tuesday night rather than "The Real Deal".

Same with Mountian. It's on Sundays in SD, and then Mondays on BBC HD in HD.

BBC HD does simulcast its just a matter of choice. If you notice usually when mountain is on a sunday they show another simulcast with BBC TWO or THREE. Also its a matter of continuity i believe if they cant show it correctly one week and show it on a different day they continue like with mountain on the non sim day

I wonder why the BBC seem to have given up synchronising some programmes on BBC HD to their original broadcast times. So, this week we have the new episodes of Silent Witness on BBC1 on Tuesday and Friday nights, but on BBC HD on Friday or Saturday. Wonder why their not broadcasting Silent Witness on Tuesday night rather than "The Real Deal".

i think with the first episodes of silent witness this is the case, but with the second story starting next week according to the bbc site are on both at the same time on bbc1 and bbc hd.

i think with the first episodes of silent witness this is the case, but with the second story starting next week according to the bbc site are on both at the same time on bbc1 and bbc hd.
Yes, you're right. I wonder why they're not simulcasting on BBC HD this week? Maybe it's because Silent Witness is on Tuesday and Friday this week. so not on consecutive nights.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom