BBC HD - Heroes: Am I going Mad?

mr_yogi

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Bit of a weird one, just watched last nights (Wed 22nd Aug) Heroes which was eposide 7.

I'm sure I watched it last week and it was episode 5. The one when the opening scene is with Peter Petrelli getting a visit from (future) Hiro on the subway and in the final scene hiro calls Peter Petrelli in Isac's studio to tell him to save the cheer leader.

This was then followed by Heroes Unmasked which focused on Hiro and the special effects used to freeze time.

Have I missed a week and not realised or has the BBC skipped eposide 6? :confused:

Seeing as no one as mentioed this I assume I must have missed last weeks :(

If you have set SkyHD box on series link then maybe thats where its gone a bit wrong. BBCHD and series link seems a bit hit or miss due the repeats.

Its weird, I thought that but I had watched it on different channels. The way it starts & gives a insight to whats happened confuses the hell out of me. Its shown on 3 separate channels at different times, I just watch Wednesdays episode & keep score of the ep number.:thumbsup:

Yes your right 6 was missing, i had to watch it in SD from BBC2 :rolleyes:

Isn't it on twice, and the later episode is after the little documentary thing? We've been watching it on HD and not missed and episode yet.

I had to watch ep6 in SD on BBC2 ALSO...

Last week episode 5 was on at 9 and episode 6 at 10. They also repeat them on sunday I believe. Haven't missed one yet although series link does go beserk at times.

Well i had a missed beginning recording from the Heroes due to football on Wednesday. So i have left viewing E7 until next week as they are showing 7 & 8 next wednesday.

Hopefully it will go back to 2 new episodes every week otherwise we will be on series 2 before we have even finished Series 1. :D

Are you all going mad, or is it me.

I've watched every episode on HD each week and missed nothing.

This week was E7, last week E6, week before E5 and then it was 2 a week (IIRC).

Or have I lost the plot completely ?

HissyClaw.gif

Are you all going mad, or is it me.

I've watched every episode on HD each week and missed nothing.

This week was E7, last week E6, week before E5 and then it was 2 a week (IIRC).

Or have I lost the plot completely ?

HissyClaw.gif

Like wise I've tuned in to HD every week & not missed one.

So if you're losing the plot , so am I.

Regards James

EP 7 was cut into by the football, but as it typical of the BBC the planner missed the end of Heroes. I don't understand how when stuff over runs on most channels it works fine (adjusts) but BBC HD doesn't seem to do this well?

EP 7 was cut into by the football, but as it typical of the BBC the planner missed the end of Heroes. I don't understand how when stuff over runs on most channels it works fine (adjusts) but BBC HD doesn't seem to do this well?

With about 10 mins of the football remaining , I realised that it was going to over run.

With this in mind , I added the HD programme to record that was listed after Heroes. Needless to say I therefore caught the ending at the start of the new programme.

Regards James

Yes your right 6 was missing, i had to watch it in SD from BBC2 :rolleyes:

So did I, I am sure they are messing about with the programming of Hero's

With about 10 mins of the football remaining , I realised that it was going to over run.

With this in mind , I added the HD programme to record that was listed after Heroes. Needless to say I therefore caught the ending at the start of the new programme.

Regards James

Clever clogs.

:p

The 10pm showing on BBC HD is a week ahead of the SD showing, the 9pm is the same as sd on BBC2, because of the football BBC HD only showed the 10pm episode, next week at 9pm will be episode 7 same as BBC2 and then 10pm on HD will be episode 8 a week ahead.

This thread is making my head hurt. I've been watching on bbchd and haven't missed anything. Wednesday they showed ep 6 which I missed the end of which will be shown again at

23:15 Sunday 26th for anyone that missed the end also

So next Wednesday they are showing ep 7 an 8 on hd, some weeks they show one some weeks two. So no one should have seen 7 yet? Is that right right. :confused:

Edit: no apparently wednesday's ep was 7 at 10.00 after the footy. So theres one new one next week. But i'm not sure which one there showing on sunday as it says ep 6 in the epg.

Good to see this weeks episode was in Dolby Digital at last:thumbsup:

In short last episode cut due to overrun - some missed some episodes and some not - luckily i am in the some not.

I think the confusion is definately with the beeb. I have not missed an episode and am up to date watching on HD, but due to the cut off of the end of ther programme I have been looking to see when it is repeated so I can catch the end of the episode.

I noticed on one of the beeb channels that the synopsis described one episode as #6 and had a description, later it was stated as #5 but with the same description.

Clear as mud I hope....

Andy

LOL :D

I'd of been annoyed had I of been out though , & therefore not been able to do anything about it ! !

Regards James

I thought they have that program your Sky box via your phone thing now, so you can make recordings when you are away from home?

Wednesday at 9pm will be lasts weeks at 10pm.

That's how I see it. The new episode is on at 10 and the previous episode is on at 9. Weird though and I do check the episode number to make sure I am watching the right one because that whole "this is what has happened so far" thing they do at the beginning always makes me wonder.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom