BBC HD Channels .... Bad or No Signal (Humax Freesat)

CJROSS

Guys anyone else having issues? Have ended up with loads of duff recordings ..... ITV HD and C4HD seem OK, but I am getting sever issues across all BBC HD channels. Grrrrrrr. Been flawless up till the last few weeks.

Model is the Humax Foxsat PVR

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Is channel 973 and 978 OK ?

When tuned to say 108 what signal strength and quality does diagnostics say you have ?

CJROSS

Retuned them all tonight Graham, 80-90% all good quality. worst ones have been 973/108/200 all BBC HD ones, at same time 300 Film4 has generally been unusable also. Will report back.

BTW we must be the only 2 people on the forum with Pylons in our Avatars!

Last edited by a moderator:

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Ex National grid planning engineer, they are standard towers carrying 400Kv quad conductor bundle conductors (L2 if i remember correctly, though I retired in 2000). Strictly speaking a pylon is a single guyed structure without legs, without the guys it would fall down. However the term is now generically accepted.

CJROSS

I tried a manual re-tune of the box and this seems to have improved the issue. Still some blocking but a lot less and not as bad as having to bin recordings.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom