1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Miyazaki, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Miyazaki

Sep 10, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi everyone,

Has anyone noticed in the last few days, or is it just me, that the BBC has turned off their DOG for BBC 3 and partially for BBC 4?

I have only upgraded to digital last week, so i don't know if they turn them on and off for different programmes, but i haven't seen the logo on BBC 3 now all weekend and the BBC 4 one was turned off all weekend as far as i knew and it was back there again tonight.

On a tangent this had me thinking, shouldn't the BBC do away with the DOGs?? I mean they have no worries with advertising revenue, presumably the reason they exist on other channels (as the obvious root for their existance is creating "decent" programming which the consumer identifies with the channel and creates a sort of brand loyalty which in turn may make them hover on that channel a bit longer and catch more adverts) and also we pay a subscription for the BBC so there is surely no mandate for these horrible logos / graphics??