BBC Complaints

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just discovered that the BBC has a website where you can read what kinds of complaints they are receiving, and what the Beeb are doing about them.

Just visit here! :clap:

Some fun things to read, especially some of the BBC's crass responses! :rotfl:

Pooch

Some of these complaints are pathetic, people should just shoot themselves if they are that sad. :eek:
People have a choice not to watch programs.

Interesting read tho thanks for the link. :smashin:

yeah your right some of is very pathetic. wake up and turn the telly off :smashin:

Gary

Complaint

Using subtitles for Scottish characters in the film Sweet Sixteen was offensive
People were talking about this the next day after the movie aired. I couldn't believe they were complaing. Strong Scottish accents might be hard to understand for people not used to them - what is offensive about this fact?!

I often struggle to understand what Strong Scottish or Irish accents are actually saying so subtitles could prove useful!

Ditto. However it does seem that they only go on "foriegn" people; like Indian or Chinese people, when often i can understand them fine compared to Scots or Irish types.

So this scottish person must have had a very strong accent.

Strong liverpool or cockney accents might also be hard to understand but i bet they wouldn't have subtitles for them.

I didnt see subtitles on Mary Poppins.

FoxyMulder said:
Strong liverpool or cockney accents might also be hard to understand but i bet they wouldn't have subtitles for them.

I didnt see subtitles on Mary Poppins.
Dick Van Dyke + cockney accent = :rotfl:

S.

That link doesn't work. The BBC has not and is not being as transparent as it could be with regard to letting the public know which complaints it chooses to address and the ones that it chooses to ignore. Since the Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand 'Sachsgate' controversy There's a few sites debating this and other BBC complaints. If the BEEB wont display the many and varied complaints, others are…
Click Here

That link doesn't work. The BBC has not and is not being as transparent as it could be with regard to letting the public know which complaints it chooses to address and the ones that it chooses to ignore. Since the Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand 'Sachsgate' controversy There's a few sites debating this and other BBC complaints. If the BEEB wont display the many and varied complaints, others are…
Click Here
The day after sachsgate was aired - it only got 2 complaints - It was the media that blew the whole thing out of proportion (as usual)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom