BBC bias...

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Condescending or not, it I don't think anyone can genuinely say Brexit has been an overwhelming success to date.
That is not down to the public that voted to leave . It is down to Goverment and HoC, that we gave them a job and so far they have failed to deliver . It was indeed " I am smarter than you " post then it seems ?

Acceptance , be that goverment , HoC and the remainer public of said result might of ( may of ) been the better option towards an end result.

Last edited:

raduv1

Distinguished Member
As for the Beeb and bias , yup it's evident and indeed pushed to the fore .Considering their unique way of maintaining costs it should not be the case . End of the day though who gives a fudge as we have already picked a side and a news outlet is not going to change that .

Cliff

Distinguished Member
As for the Beeb and bias , yup it's evident and indeed pushed to the fore .Considering their unique way of maintaining costs it should not be the case . End of the day though who gives a fudge as we have already picked a side and a news outlet is not going to change that .
But their news reports and reporters are full of bias. Since the referendum it’s like a drip drip of bad news all put down to Brexit.(not forgetting the despite Brexit-good news).

Some people will be influenced by this, and others, although still wanting Brexit have decided it’s all too difficult and we had better stay as we were.

Cliff

Distinguished Member
What "anti-democratic attitudes" that I am "happy to run with"?
Democracy only works if there is an agreement that losers accept the winners- and we move on. If they don’t, as has been the case since the referendum, democracy fails.

raduv1

Distinguished Member
But their news reports and reporters are full of bias. Since the referendum it’s like a drip drip of bad news all put down to Brexit.(not forgetting the despite Brexit-good news).

Some people will be influenced by this, and others, although still wanting Brexit have decided it’s all too difficult and we had better stay as we were.
Would you prefer the Beeb to be a state sponsered media outlet such as Faux news in the US ? As always we choose to see one side dependant on our side.

A media outlet at this time can not deliver or indeed stall Brexit , only a govement and HoC can do this .

Your looking in the wrong direction .

IronGiant

He may do, but they haven't told him :)

Most people I know are far too sensible to discuss how they voted amongst family and friends.

mcbainne

:laugh: know what you mean

Works a different matter tho, plenty at mine on both sides of the fence more than happy to force their opinions down your throat ;)

Dbcoup

Distinguished Member
To be fair, if I met some of the people on this sub-forum in person, I would say I voted leave as well to avoid the otherwise inevitable rant.
It's duly noted that you also use subconscious influence, to give the illusion that someone who wants to leave is a person without manners, standing, or good moral fiber.

What you infact find, is that Leavers are the silent ones, that dare not say anything, for fear of verbal insults and abuse. Turn your TV on and watch it before your very eyes on any news programme's.

;)

richp007

Distinguished Member
It's duly noted that you also use subconscious influence, to give the illusion that someone who wants to leave is a person without manners, standing, or good moral fiber.

What you infact find, is that Leavers are the silent ones, that dare not say anything, for fear of verbal insults and abuse. Turn your TV on and watch it before your very eyes on any news programme's.

;)
That's because they're all too grown up and embarrassed watching kids sorry I mean Marvel films, and don't want to face the wrath of one Dbcoup :D

Dbcoup

Distinguished Member
When the poll closes I'm gonna be nice and offer you another referendum incase you don't like the result. ;)
I was already thinking if we add the leavers that said NO, to the remainers that said Yes.....does that mean....:rotfl:

IronGiant

To be fair, if I met some of the people on this sub-forum in person, I would say I voted leave as well to avoid the otherwise inevitable rant.
:rotfl:
I'm sure we would all be much more civilised face to face or is that just yet another predictable veiled insult?.
Out in the real world, the vitriolic bile I have received from remain voters when they found out I voted leave was not only shocking, it was a bit like some sort of surreal "the Thing" experience. And that was just my twin brother down the phone. Talking to a Norwegian lady in person, married to a Scot who worked for the EU in Brussels I almost feared for my life...

Last edited:

IronGiant

I mucked up my copying and pasting. Small screen, big fingers and old age all played a part. Now fixed.
Easily done :thumbsup:

On the whole, it's much more civilised in here than in real life.

whitesnake11

More BBC brexit bias,

1569253088881.jpeg
1569253088881.jpeg

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
In the same way, I can't be bothered with the "racist" diatribe.

trevor432990

The BBC is not alone in demonstrating Brexit bias and all the other channels are similarly affected apart from LBC which seems to give voice to both sides of the argument in equal measures. The difference being I don't pay for the other channels so why should I pay £154 a year to fund the BBC to continuosly broadcast remainer opinions whilst silencing those of leave parties.

Cliff

Distinguished Member
The BBC is not alone in demonstrating Brexit bias and all the other channels are similarly affected apart from LBC which seems to give voice to both sides of the argument in equal measures. The difference being I don't pay for the other channels so why should I pay £154 a year to fund the BBC to continuosly broadcast remainer opinions whilst silencing those of leave parties.
The BBC has always had a policy that the presenters are supposed not tonexpress their opinions. They have us guessing. That has worn thin in recent times and the bias is showing.

The great thing about LBC is that the presenters do not hold back and we are quite aware of their own opinions. That is more honest in my opinion. The is no pretence about being neutral, and just listening to, and questioning other people’s point of view. Eddie Mair is the exception as he is still pretends to be on no side. (Still in BBC mode) . Of course, it’s easy to get his drift after a few minutes and the denial of taking a side is even more annoying- even dishonest...

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Agreed.

Eddie Mair may pretend but he’s a rabid lefty, imo.

It does him no favours pretending as his left wing bias is as clear at the BBC’s.

His treatment of many a centre/right wing interviewees has been disgraceful.

Find it very had to listen to him. Especially when driving :D

Trending threads

Latest news

Netflix reveals how viewing metrics determines a show's success
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Discovery launches dplay AVOD service in UK and Ireland
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus announces ONE Cast Smart Audio System
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published