1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BBC and Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Rasczak, May 10, 2003.

1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,212
    Is there a problem with the BBC and Sky+. I recorded Cambridge Spies on BBC2 a moment ago and the blasted unit has cut off the end. Don't know if it's the BBC getting the EPG wrong or Sky+ being crap. First time it's happened though (but it's also the first time I think I've ever recorded/watched something on the BBC since getting Sky+).

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    As you know SKY+ relies on the EPG data that the BBC and all the other channels send, if the current program is running late and the EPG hasn't been altered then you are relying on the padding to catch the over-run.
    It is not uncommon for the two main broadcasters in the UK (BBC and ITV) to tweak their programs running times so as to spoil eachothers start times.

3. RichMercer

RichMercer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This isn't usually a problem due to the 2 minute auto padding. I missed the end of Cambridge Spies too but I was recording something straight after on another channel so it doesn't matter if BBC change the EPG or not. It will go off to record the other program.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

The first recording by default will get the padding so Cambridge Spies must have been running over 2 minutes late, if the EPG was accurate then you would have got all of the first program before the unit switched to the second planner entry.
    You can force SKY+ to give the second entry priority by selecting KEEP for the program before recording.