BBC 4 - zero viewing figures

common

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Ratings issued yesterday suggest BBC 4 is attracting so few viewers that it's not even registering on the system (it was suggested that for many programmes it is possible that no one is watching)

BBC4 cost £30m - isn't it about time the BBC start spending our £112 a year more wisely ?

I occasionally watch it, it does have some interesting documentaries on it.

Would prefer they waste my licence money on this serious programming, than the gash they import from the states.

I've watched a couple of things on it. I notice they're starting to shift the type of programmes they show lately - going for a few movies and what not. Let's hope they do something with it though as it's a waste of bandwidth at the moment.

Originally posted by Confucius
I watch it. Not all the time, but more than ITV or CH4.

Can you switch off the transmitter when you've finished watching please.

Hi,

I occasionally watch BBC4, but it has too much of an erratic programming nature.

It was supposed to output the best of "serious" TV, e.g. documentaries, discussions, arts programming and foreign cinema.

Well, bearing in mind this statement, my main concern is that too much is repeated, both weekly, and the next month, whilst other shows rarely get shown at all.

I'd love BBC4 to repeat all 26 parts of "People's Century". It has been on before, but often not all the episodes are shown, or the more controversial ones are censored!

And with the BBC wanting to try out a new BBC3, to attract the "youth" audience, I just think the BBC is biting off more than it can chew.

Pooch

doesn't it come down to the fact that they compile these figures by asking people in town centres during the day by having people with clip boards asking people? I think most BBC 4 veiwers are unlikley to found in this siyuation, its a bit like going to a greasy spoon and asking how many people bought the FT in the past 6 weeks. Then telling the publisher that no one bought and they should stop.
Utter nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

what is BBC3 then?

Only watched 4 a couple of times, i put on some dvd review/collection thing

had some fat bloke stuart presenting it

it was pretty dull

well done squirrel for giving up smoking, you might have set fire to your tail

Originally posted by bobbles
well done squirrel for giving up smoking, you might have set fire to your tail
I haven't given up smoking. Confucius and Ian have.

I see from the schedule that BBC4 are showing a lot of war programming tonight. I think we know why Confucius likes BBC4 now :)

BBC3 is the rebadged BBC Choice.

sorry

didn't read it properly

bbc choice is bbc3?

well it shows what attention I pay

Originally posted by bobbles
what is BBC3 then?
It's some dreadful 'youf' orientated channel (yes, it used to be BBC Choice). Mind you, at least it gets the first run of 'Shooting Stars'.

Much better if it could show 'wall to wall' Dad's Army & Porridge repeats (or any other classic comedy from the 60s, 70s & 80s).

At least Porridge is (slowly) appearing on DVD.

Originally posted by Ian J
Guess who's given up smoking :D
Mmm, I'm afraid I shall be even more bad tempered than normal for a couple of years or so.

I watched BBC 4 last night! :eek:

There was a prog called 'Tramp and Dictator' IIRC.

About Chaplin's 'Great Dicator' film and the problems he had making it, etc.

Pretty interesting.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom