Bbc 4 Freeview

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by PHOTOSHOP KID, Jan 24, 2008.

1. PHOTOSHOP KID

PHOTOSHOP KID

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    I have just had a new aerial fitted due to the last one being almost ripped from the roof by the strong winds we had a few months ago.

Anyway this new one is designed for digital reception unlike my last one, thing is I dont get all the channels, in a poor location for freeview, but Im having problems with BBC 4 and ITV 2 picture breaks up every few mins,

Now I have gone into the signal meter on the Sony 770 dvd recorder and it shows 100% quality signal and 85%-92% signal strength, if I keep the meter on screen, every few mins it resorts to zero for second, thats when the picture breaks up,

any ideas? seems at moment the only things I want to record are on BBC4 :mad:

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,303
    If it's the quality meter that dips every few minutes, the most likely reason is impulse interference, probably from a central heating boiler.

3. PHOTOSHOP KID

PHOTOSHOP KID

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Really, the only thing is, most of the other channels dont suffer from this effect I cant think of anything that would interfere with it, and I have 2 of these machines, one upstairs one down, and both produce the same effect???

4. barty74

barty74
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    surely the first step is call the engineer back! you are wasting your own time doing his job for him.

5. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    If you are in a poor freeview location then there is the possibility that you will not receive all the freeview channels until the analogue switchoff when the digital transmitters will up their power.

BBC4 is on a different freeview multiplex to the other main BBC channels and I get breakup on BBC4 and the ITV/Ch4/Five channels when the weather is extremely bad (High winds and heavy rain).

I use two inline TV boosters to improve the signal strength but even this proves hopeless in really bad conditions. Only another year to put up with this as analogue switchoff takes place in this region early next year.

Just a suggestion but you could try a TV booster. The single outlet type with a reasonably high gain/low noise amplification is the best type.

http://www.maxview.co.uk/acatalog/TV_AMPLIFIERS_&_FILTERS.html

6. Andyuk911

Andyuk911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    boosters do work and sort out breakup ..