• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bayonetta - Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Check out the trailer below. It's all over a bit quick and I'm not sure I can make out most of it, but it does look flashy. Plus those boots must be the most outrageous a videogame character has ever worn.

Really looking forward to it as it's made by PlatinumGames (previously Clover!)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34062.html

Rich85

Established Member
This definitely looks like a game to keep an eye on. If it's half as good as Okami then it'll be awesome!!

lmaolmao

Prominent Member
on cvg i read that the director of devil may cry is at the helm (believe he is also the guy who was behind resident evil at some point). and it shows!

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Well the first Devil Mary Cry was brilliant which bodes well. One to keep an eye on even though the trailer was all rendered.

stu.artd

Prominent Member
Can't see another thread for this so thought I'd dig this one up :)

There's a demo on the Japanese PSN, well worth trying if you liked any of the DMC games.

MarVell

Established Member
Very dissapointed with the demo, I thought this game would look amazing but it looks low-res and the framerate is suspect too :thumbsdow It seems that all those rumours about the quality of the PS3 version were true...

orbital_7

Standard Member
I thought the demo was great. I signed up for a Japanese PSN just to download it and thought it was well worth the effort.

I'm no graphical expert but I thought the visuals were nice - certainly not as bad as I had expected, given the comments from the developers.

The gameplay is absolutely insane, almost too fast-paced at times and difficult to follow what is happening onscreen. Lots of button mashing but its heaps of fun - the kind of game that reminds me why I play in the first place. I think it'll be a release day purchase for me.

stu.artd

Prominent Member
I thought the demo was great. I signed up for a Japanese PSN just to download it and thought it was well worth the effort.

I'm no graphical expert but I thought the visuals were nice - certainly not as bad as I had expected, given the comments from the developers.

The gameplay is absolutely insane, almost too fast-paced at times and difficult to follow what is happening onscreen. Lots of button mashing but its heaps of fun - the kind of game that reminds me why I play in the first place. I think it'll be a release day purchase for me.

I enjoyed it as well. I'm a lot more interested in it now than I was prior to playing the demo.

stormy

Prominent Member
One to avoid for me, shoddy PS3 port it seems which is pretty much unacceptable these days. :(

phillg1981

Established Member
Release date for Europe has been confirmed (by Sega) for January 8th 2010. I really need to get the demo off the Japenese PSN.

nbkicker33

Established Member
deffently a no no from me, played demo on mates 360 and my ps3 and if u seen them running side by side then you will no what a shoddy port this is, compared to the 360 version, but for me im getting cod:mw2, assasins creed 2 and new ratchet game for xmas from family members, so ill have plenty to keep me ocupied till gow3,gt5 and other big hitters come next yr.worst thing is is that in japan where game is out it is selling more on the ps3.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
worst thing is is that in japan where game is out it is selling more on the ps3.

I'm not sure why you're so surprised by that. Considering the game is very much a Playstation centric as well as Japanese centric game and appeals mainly to PS3 owners the number of PS3's in Japan far outweighs the number of 360's.

MANGABOY

Prominent Member
I'm trying to find the Bayonetta demo on the jap ps3 store but have no luck. Damn japanese! Can anyone give me a quick walkthrough on how to get at it with the current jap ps3 menu. Thanks

MANGABOY

Prominent Member
Not to worry, think its been taken off

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Haven't played the demo yet, but very surprised it to score 10 in the latest issue of Edge! :eek:

nbkicker33

Established Member
on the official playstation mag twitter page they said it was the 360 version that edge used for the review and they also said that although the ps3 version was playable it was bugged with long load times, mind u they never mentioned that the textures are better in the 360 version which most places which have both versions have said, but be good to see what opm give this game in there mag this tue when new issue out

phairplay

Distinguished Member
Demo coming to the PSN STORE Thursday 3rd Dec

SEGA has announced that a playable demo of Bayonetta will hit Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network on December 3rd.

The game, already available in Japan, has received rave reviews prior to its Western launch, including perfect scores from the UK's EDGE magazine and Japan's Famitsu. It is the 11th game in EDGE magazine's 16-year history to receive a perfect 10/10, and the 12th game in Famitsu's 26-year-history to receive a perfect 40/40.

“Developer PlatinumGames has delivered a true masterpiece,” said Gary Knight, European Marketing Director of SEGA Europe. “The recent perfect review scores in such highly respected magazines as Weekly Famitsu and EDGE show the sheer quality of this title. We firmly believe that Bayonetta will go on to become one of the all-time benchmarks in action gaming.”

Sinzer

Distinguished Member
Guess we are gonna have to live with a bad port :p

I am sure Baldybouncer will post it up in the General thread at some point :p

Looks like a great game though.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
I watched the trailers and preview game vids and it was very much "Meh!" so I am really surprised to hear such glowing reviews. Will definitely give this one a look now which is probably the first time a review has influenced me in this way.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
God :eek:! This looks rubbish on the PS3. Quite shocked how bad it looks really! It looks like all the detail has been stripped from the 360 version and been replaced by a blurry mess!

I must say that it still seems to be the case that a lot of 3rd party games are developed with the 360 in mind and then just ported to work on the PS3 with little care. :( On the other hand the PS3 has technically the best exclusive titles IMO with the likes of Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, MGS4, GT5p, Wipeout HD etc.

This is definately a 360 purchase though as the technical differences (texture quality, frame rate etc.) are just to pronounced to ignore.

MarVell

Established Member
Eurogamer has a comparison of the 360 and PS3 versions and the outcome is just embarassing for the PS3 version...

I posted my thoughts on the demo a few weeks ago when I played it (it's rubbish...), I just hope PS3 owners will ignore this half-baked turkey :thumbsdow

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Eurogamer has a comparison of the 360 and PS3 versions and the outcome is just embarassing for the PS3 version...

I posted my thoughts on the demo a few weeks ago when I played it (it's rubbish...), I just hope PS3 owners will ignore this half-baked turkey :thumbsdow

By all accounts it's a very good game though so i'll most likely pick this up on the 360.

That said, i'm playing through the God of War collection at the moment and that's just fantastic! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom