Baxi Boiler Warranties

rich286

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello All

I intend to fit a new Baxi 836 with a 10 year Warranty. However, since learning about issues with possible sludge build up in existing plastic pipes I am concerned that Baxi might find that a convenient excuse to renege on the Warranty. Blaming another part of the Heating system as a cause for their a Boiler to fail. I spoke to Baxi and they said they expect to see evidence of the correct cleaning/flushing procedure and chemical treatment used by the Boiler installer on the existing Pipework and Radiators (14 years old) plus a Filter fitted. The Benchmark booklet should be filled out correctly reflecting this and the Boiler registered with them within 30 Days.
Which all seems perfectly acceptable. However, I would still like to know if anyone has come up against obstacles and issues getting Baxi to repair a Boiler regardless of correct procedures being followed when still in Warranty. Or if customers have been happy with their service?

When I had my radiators updated the plumber installed one of these:
Magnaclean Professional 2
Is this the kind of filter you are talking about? The sludge comes from the radiators BTW hence the dirty great magnet in it.
You can clean it every year yourself.

I had a baxi heat only boiler fitted in 2017. One year later it failed, around a week after its first service. I don't even recall showing the service record to the engineer, I think they just accepted what I had said over the phone.

The first year there was a lot of sludge from the new radiators so they definitely work.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom