Baxi 105e boiler strange issue

Koeman2021

Ex Member
Reaction score
I've woke up this morning to the boiler making a beep every minute or so, now I'm not sure the boiler has an alarm innit, so perhaps it could be the digital timer which is a grasslin fm/1 timer.

I've looked in the manuals and can't see anything in the trouble shooting.

Any ideas? Boiler still operating as normal

Sure it's not a nearby CO or smoke alarm that low on battery.
Been there!

I've woke up this morning to the boiler making a beep every minute or so, now I'm not sure the boiler has an alarm innit, so perhaps it could be the digital timer which is a grasslin fm/1 timer.

Are you sure you don't have a CO2 alarm close to it, perhaps hiding on top, battery may have gone

I had a 105e for the last 14 years, didn't even know it could beep :confused:

Checked the co2 and the smoke alarms. Moved them away and it's definitely coming from somewhere in the boiler cupboard!! Ha.

I'm wondering if the programmable timer has some sort of battery backup in it.

There's nothing in a baxi 105 that can beep. Is it the round integral digital / mechanical timer? I'm pretty sure that can't beep either

Sometimes people put their co alarm on top of the boiler and that will definitely beep if it's a)faulty or b) running out of batteries ( you'd know if it's going off properly)

Has the alarm fallen down the back?

There should be a plate that runs along the top to stop this happening but sometimes they get removed and not out back

I've got the co2 alarm in my hand...unless the people who lived here before had one that's down the back. Good point.

It's a digital timer yes in the boiler panel.

I have resolved this. Can't even tell you what the issue was. Embarrassing

I have resolved this. Can't even tell you what the issue was. Embarrassing
A Moderator will be along to ban you soon unless you tell us. :D
I bet it's not as embarrassing as other stuff that has been posted on here.

Haha found a smoke detector I didn't know I had didn't i.

Spent an hour searching the boiler cupboard and everywhere for my wife to come home and say "is it not that smoke detector "

Above my head on the ceiling the entire time.

It was just your turn
You won't be the last.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom