Bauer XT37 37" LCD TV - Tesco

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Chicaned, Dec 20, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Chicaned

Chicaned
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Has anyone seen/bought a Bauer XT37 37" LCD TV from Tesco?

I'm interested to know what it's like and what panel it uses?

I can't find any mention of these LCD's anywhere on the internet, and trust me I've searched.

It's my first post so please be nice to me :)

Many thanks,

Chicaned

2. A Legal Beagle

A Legal Beagle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    welcome to the forums:hiya:

I saw these TV's, 26" 32 and 37" at tesco this evening

I have never heard of them!

Like u i have looked on the net and cant seem to find them.

Ill keep looking as the 26" at £299 and only 8ms response compared to the 32" 12ms response time:smashin:

Ill keep looking....

3. Chicaned

Chicaned
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks man. I think the 37" has a 8ms response time. I wonder what the processor is like though and the sound quality. I'm pretty sure it has a Phillips panel in it.

If you have anymore info please add.

4. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, in my local Tesco the prices are 26" £399.99
    32" £499.99
    37" £699.99

Apart from the 37" I did not really think these prices were very competitive for such an unknown set make. They had not even bothered to set any up on the tv display but had just stacked up the boxes around the store. Are all the Bauers cheaper in your Tesco or just the 26"?

Like you I have searched the net and found no reference to this make.:confused:

5. Chicaned

Chicaned
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a pity they don't have any set up. Would like to have a look. We need a guinea pig :smashin:

6. bammy

bammy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Prices in my local Tesco were:

26" - £399
    32" - £499
    37" - £499!!

Think they made a mistake - the 32 & 37 inch both the same price - so I thought I'd better buy one :)

The picture quality is pretty good but the sound quality was very poor, so I spent new year's day building a MDF shelf which I bolted to the back of the set using the wallmount bolt holes, and sat a pair of hifi bookshelf speakers firing sideways running from the internal amplifier. Sound quality is now absolutely superb and beats any standard tv system, and the speakers are small enough to allow the tv to sit right back into the corner. The only other problem is that I can't program my sky remote to drive the TV (unless the remote codes are the same as those of another manufacturer - haven't worked this out yet).

7. fargo jerry

fargo jerry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    any pictures?

So this was a misprice on the system, not just the shelf?

8. marty2005

marty2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    Do they have built in freeview?

9. misdirecetd

misdirecetd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Erhh.. is there any mention of these models on the website? I can't find any.

10. bammy

bammy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They are not on the Tesco website; in fact I can't find any information on the web anywhere (but to confirm an earlier statement, the 37" does have 8ms response time). No freeview tuner (but an external freeview box is cheap enough if you don't have sky / cable). I will post pictures of the speaker mod if anyone is interested - but at £499 for the telly this really is an absolute steal!!

11. ninehours

ninehours

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    What connectivity. Do they have RGB scarts HDMI ?

12. misdirecetd

misdirecetd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    This would be the next logical question. Although I'd have thought that HDMI would be almost certain, the real question is if it has a PC input.

Also, do they function well for 24 hours straight? Sorry, someone had to say it.

13. bammy

bammy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    connectivity is 2x SCART with RGB support, separate HD phonos (not sure of the name), side mounted phonos for game console, HDMI, and VGA connection for PC @ 1024x768. Not sure what you mean by 'does it function for 24 hours straight'?

14. misdirecetd

misdirecetd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Its a joke, not a serious question about the machine.

First person to get rather unobscure reference wins a free lung full of air.

15. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I had previously read on the boxes that all three of these LCDs had 1024x768 resolution and thought that was a bit odd for widescreen so what is the actual resolution of the panel itself? Presumably these sets will not do 1:1 pixel mapping with an xbox 360 unless it is set to 1024x768, a 4:3 resolution.:confused:

Edit: after looking at the packaging again I see it says 1024x768 'input' resolution so maybe another LCD with a 1366x768 panel that does not support WXGA.

16. mike.s

mike.s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi , i bought the xt37 for £499 and my mate who works there got another £50 off the price.The tesco insurance is £63 for 3 years warranty so I took that also .
    For just over £500 quid , I am pleased with it . the sound quality is average but the picture is pretty good. I am hoping to add a couple of speakers from my old toshiba , anyone know if I only have to connect a couple of stereo jacks to the wires from the speakers , or is it a bit more complicated than that?
    If you know some one who works there , they can use thier discount card for 10% off and the reciept is still on your name

17. NolanX

NolanX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I've just got one of these today after noticing they were £499.99 :D
    The picture for the price is gorgious... it will be situated on the wall in the bedroom in the end but for now it's downstairs till i get a wall bracket.
    No detail on them anywhere on the web. Basically it says homebuy on them... Don't know what people know about homebuy but i think it was one of those companies that people could either rent or buy home equipment from, overprices of course. Anyway they have gone bust (looks like Tesco may of bought them off from the administrators of the company going bust perhaps?), and it seems the TV's just have their branding on... Very good coverup for the manufacturer, i couldn't even see country of origin to work out possible manufacturer... It reminds me of a sharp looking at it? Anyway i'll post some piccies if i can after.
    What i want to ask is those who have the 37" one does the circle in the bottom center light up at all? I looked at the 32" one in Tesco before buying and that does, red for standby of course and sort of aqua or green when its on. Same colours as the lights on the bottom left corner. Can you confirm if your center thing lights up or not?

Thanks,

Paul

PS Just to confirm the picture quality is superb, the jury is still out on the sound, but pound for pound pure bargain.

18. dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    misdirected: :D i like it!

dr_m

19. misdirecetd

misdirecetd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Congratulations!

Your free air will be dispatched to you via first class wind.

Not to be used in conjunction with other gases, except nitrogen and trace elements where applicable.

20. naaz

naaz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bammy, hi I have also bought one off these but am disappointed with the sound quality which is seriously very poor. Can you please let me know how you connected the board and speakers, how did you wire the speakers and what ohms the spaekers are and what watts. naaz

21. spikey_w

spikey_w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Could you confirm how you know that the 32" has 12ms response, as the 37" has been mentioned earlier to be 8ms or are they both really 12ms.

22. graydwyer

graydwyer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    has anyone used one of these with xbox 360? do they look any good and also do they fill the screen?

is this 32lcd tv just using a 4:3 picture which is streched to make a 16:9 picture?

i really like the design of the tv and can work around the fact of the sound by using my sub and speakers i have but will be using this for mainly xbox 360 so i need to know if it looks good in hd mode and not just a square box picture in the centre or a stretched picture

thanks

23. renibacterium

renibacterium
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At my local Tesco's its says 12ms on the boxes of the 32 in TV's

24. spikey_w

spikey_w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks. If that's the case then it seems to be an older generation screen since the other sub £400 are around 8ms. I'll have to go into Tesco to see if they got the 37" instead assuming that has 8ms response.

25. malky39

malky39
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    in my local tesco,silverburn (pollock) they were priced at
    26" £399
    32" £399
    which it thought was weird.Had the 32" set up and it didnt look to bad a picture.
    They didnt have the 37"

26. son_t

son_t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    Can anyone take a pic and post here! Please!

27. --ss--

--ss--

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi , i brought the XT32 32" version from tesco from £400 , its been a real pain setting the channels so can someone give me a list of the frequencys of the channels?
    also is anyone else experince diffuclties with the remote? the reaction time?

28. fracas

fracas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello all, i have an xt32. my personal opinion is that its very good for the price but as stated before the sound is pretty crap!! i have no problems with the tv, apart from..................Sky code for remote!!!!!! any1 know???didn't think so!!!!! LOL

this forum is also discussing this lcd tv. so bear it in mind.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=503559&highlight=Bauer+tv

--SS-- i have had no problems with the remote reaction time??? also what do you mean by setting the channels? plug in ya sky or freeview to scart 1 and your go go go

dont forget that the standard analogue channels wont be around too much longer, so no point even bothering setting them up(surely your now digi????)

29. stu06

stu06

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone please tell me how I can connect this TV (XT37) to my hifi. What connectors do I use on the back of the TV?

30. dancleary1

dancleary1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, could someone please confirm whether there is an issue with the 37 model and xbox 360 display, i.e. does it squish a 4:3 image on the screen, or is it widescreen?
    Cheers
    Dan