Battlestar Gallactica Season 1 R1

Rip

How do you go about entering a Uk phone number when you fill details in, there aint enough space for it ?

SGR2005

Novice Member
Rip said:
How do you go about entering a Uk phone number when you fill details in, there aint enough space for it ?
I think I just put in all zeros last time and my orders all went through. Or just enter random numbers. I don't think they check.

Aretak

nwgarratt said:
I am happy with the R2. Doesn't the R1 have incorrect music on the title sequences?
The UK and US versions have different opening themes, but I think it'd be pushing it to call the R1 version "incorrect" since it's a US show.

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Aretak said:
The UK and US versions have different opening themes, but I think it'd be pushing it to call the R1 version "incorrect" since it's a US show.
It is incorrect as it uses the wrong music. I believe it was down to copyright difficulties. It's not the first time it has happened with a DVD release.

P

pags payback

I wouldn't call it incorrect since it's what AIRED on US TV anyway imo it's better than the UK version, which is now the US theme tune too.

anyway the abundant extras make it a much better buy plus having the mini series in the same box is much more preferable

krish

Distinguished Member
pags payback said:
I wouldn't call it incorrect since it's what AIRED on US TV anyway imo it's better than the UK version, which is now the US theme tune too.
correct....
from en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlestar_Galactica_%282004_television_series%29#Main_title:

Main title

The first season's main title is divided into two segments, the first containing clips from the 2003 miniseries, and the second an action-oriented montage of images from the coming episode. Moore intended the montage sequence to be a direct homage to the titles of Space: 1999, which used a similar device at the start of each episode of its first season.

The Sky One version of the title sequence for season one featured a Hindu mantra, the Gayatri Mantra, taken from the Rig Veda. In the U.S., the music was an original instrumental piece by composer Bear McCreary called "Two Funerals" originally written for the episode "Act of Contrition". As of season two, the main title sequences in all territories where the show airs now uses the Sky One title sequence, the Gayatri Mantra written by miniseries composer Richard Gibbs.

The words in the mantra are "OM bhūr bhuvah svah tat savitur varēnyam bhargō dēvasya dhīmahi dhiyō yō nah pracōdayāt", which may be translated in various ways but means approximately: "May we attain that excellent glory of Savitri the Goddess / so May she stimulate our prayers."

For the second season, the Sci Fi Channel eschewed Moore's "in this episode" montage until the fifth episode, as some fans complained that the sequence spoiled the episode.

As of season two, the opening intro lists the exact number of survivors in the fleet. The number is updated for each episode following deaths and births from the previous one.

P

pags payback

For the second season, the Sci Fi Channel eschewed Moore's "in this episode" montage until the fifth episode, as some fans complained that the sequence spoiled the episode.
sorry for being thick but does that mean as of the 5th S2 ep they no longer show the "in this episode" montage? :confused:

I hope so cause I'm one of those who thinks it spoils the eps & because of it I miss the credits so not to spoil myself...which is a shame because I love the BSG theme & would love to watch the titles.

SGR2005

Novice Member
pags payback said:
sorry for being thick but does that mean as of the 5th S2 ep they no longer show the "in this episode" montage? :confused:
They stopped doing it until the 5th episode of the 2nd Season, then started again.

I can't quite remember if they were less spoilerific or the same as before as it's been a while since I watched it.

krish

Distinguished Member
pags payback said:

I hope so cause I'm one of those who thinks it spoils the eps & because of it I miss the credits so not to spoil myself...which is a shame because I love the BSG theme & would love to watch the titles.
Unfortunately no... that is if the author of this Wikipedia article understands the word eschew (to avoid or to shun - NOT the opposite which is a common mistake)

I haven't caught S2, so cannot give you a definitive answer about the presence or absence of the montage up to ep 5 or beyond

EDIT: SGR2005's just confirmed it above ;)

Top Bottom