Battlestar Galactica Collectables

Discussion in 'Memorabilia & Collectible Figures' started by Rasczak, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,353
    Thinking about buying this resin display model of the new Battlestar Galactica - wife won't like it but she rarely goes in the home cinema room anyway ("it's too complicated" :rolleyes: ).

It looks fairly good from the (small) photo - and it seems to be the only real option (i.e. no model kits available) - does anyone have experience with the producers 'Diamond Select Toys'? And accordingly any idea if it's likely to be a decent piece? I'm not going to get the opportunity to view so it's buy it blind - and £100 is a fair old whack for a small display item (IMHO).

2. gam

gam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +720
    Hasbro do die-cast ones like the star wars ships in their Titanium series, I have a few of the star wars ones but the normal ones are only about 2-3 inches but are quite good but there is also the Ultra series which are about 6-8 inches but the Gallactica itself would be becoming harder to find although there are a few with buy it nows on ebay from the US

They seem to be a big enough company and have a fair number of licenses and do a lot of toy type figures as well as statues, a few prop replicas and mini-busts which I have quite a few off. Heres there website http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/

Cant comment on there props but there statues are ok but not as good as some others although they are cheaper and there busts are mainly very good but there human faces can be a bit off. I would guess in the case of the Gallactica it would be fairly good..... if you do get you'll have to let us know what its like!!!

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,353
    Sorry for the delay replying! I've been changing my mind on this on a daily basis - in the end decided I was wasting far too much time worrying about whether to order or not so did. I'll let you know whether it's any good.

How do you rate these? I've seen some Star Wars diecasts in my local Forbidden Planet and they look quite good - they were priced at £19.99 :eek: - would that make them 'ultra' editions? They were in a plastic display case but they looked around 3.25" long which would seem to be the same as the 'normal' Titanium range which is going for £5.49 each on their website? For example this B-Wing. What is the difference between the two ranges?

4. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
  5. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,353
    :D I could spend alot of money with them...

6. achris

achris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    We will be adding alot of Battlestar (just starting to watch season 1 now, heard it's an amazing series) and Serenity collectables and Toys this week, so stay tuned!:)

7. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,353
    Cheers :thumbsup: Bookmarked your site so I'll keep an eye out.

8. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Look good don't they?:D

I ordered the Alliance Money Pack last weekend and it arrived Wednesday:thumbsup:

Quality item as well.

9. gam

gam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +720

Have a few of the ordinary ones and IMO they are quite good for the price but I was under the impression from sizes given on websites the equivalent Ultra ones where a little bigger although I have never seen one in person but from your description it sounds like the Ultra one in store but I thought they would be a little bigger, or maybe it just depends on the ship, the cheaper ones are most likely the ordinary ones

look forward to hearing how the DST Galactica looks though :thumbsup:

Ultra - http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=30401

Ordinary - http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=31298

10. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,353
    Just got hold of this today - very impressed :thumbsup:

Solid, well made model with tons of detail. It includes both landing arms out and in options. The stand is decent as well the model has about a 10 degree bow down angle when placed on it.

I'm not a big collector of things like this - I just wanted a model of the BSG - but IMHO this is a very good model :thumbsup:

I would take a few photographs but I left my camera at work (in Scotland).