Battlefield Vietnam Screen Freeze

didsmith

Ex Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with the screen freezing up on them whilst playing battlefield vietnam

screen freeze can last up to 3 or 4 minutes and can sometimes be broken by escaping out of the game back to the menu screen and then going back into the game

might be my specs p4/1.7 512 meg ram ati 9600 /game set to lowest video settings but when it goes work i'm not getting any slowdown which makes me thing it might be the game and not my setup

any help would be welcome

No issues here.. except the odd bit of lag when ppl with very high pings join the game..other than that its great fun!

Matt

you may benefit from downloading the most up to date drivers for your card cat 4.4. Here's a no of fixes it does:-

Resolved Game Issues
This section provides information on game issues that have been resolved in the latest release of CATALYST™. These include the following:

Worms 3D no longer fails to properly play. Launching in game movies no longer results in only the sound being heard with the display being corrupted or black
:)Intermittent texture corruption and flashing is no longer seen when playing the game Battlefield 1942 :)(same engine iirc)
The shadow of the characters in the game Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow are now being displayed properly
Display corruption is no longer noticed when switching between 2D and 3D modes in the game Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
The performance of the game Tomb Raider AOD is no longer compromised when running the game at the display resolution of 1600x1200
The brightness option found in certain games is now working properly when extended desktop is enabled and both monitors are set to 1280x1024 32bpp
Configuring the game RACER version 0.50 to run at full screen, 1600x1200 32bpp, no longer results in the game failing to respond
Setting the display resolution to 1600x1200 and running the game Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy no longer results in display corruption being noticed at a specific point in the game
Display corruption is no longer seen when playing the demo version of the game Far Cry

you can download here (assuming your os is windowsxp):-

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/...&prod=productsXPdriver&submit.x=13&submit.y=8

Is there a patch out and are you up to date with direct x (9b now I think)?
Have you run a benchmarking prog to see if you have any issues something like 3dmark2003 will do?

try running dxdiag to see if you have any issues.

My Battlefield freezes for some reason, I think it's due to Punkbuster and my Zone Alarm blocking Punkbuster.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom