Battlefield V thoughts......

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
Now we’re settled in to the game, what does everyone think? How does it compare to previous games?

MrTea34

The time I’ve played the game I’ve mostly enjoyed it. The gun play and ttk is spot on and that is a big part of the reason I enjoy it.
In battlefield games I’ve enjoyed the medic class but it needs some love in this game, either weapons getting a buff or adding other weapons besides smg’s.
Biggest downfall I think this game will have is the maps. Out of the 9 maps I dislike 3 when it comes to conquest panzerfaust ( if that’s what it’s called) Hamada (enjoyable in frontline) and fell 562.
Other maps are enjoyable but there’s not one I love and there’s not enough and if the Greece map is the next one we’re getting it’s not enough and there’s no guarantee It will be any good.
I think this game will pick up when the Americans, Japanese and Russians come into it but I think people will get worn out with theses maps way before this happens especially with some of the other games out or coming out.
There’s probably plenty I’ve missed out but that’s what I can think of so far.

z5461313

I really like front lines and domination, I find front lines makes the maps larger and so more interesting. Think it’s a really unique playing experience and really enjoy it, it’s a game you can settle down all night to play, front lines anyway. I find the 64 player modes too busy so don’t play them but can see Dice have catered for all playing tastes of game modes so credit to them for doing so

DemonAV

Distinguished Member
I'm playing a lot of TDM at the moment. Still playing CQ a lot as well. Yes they need to introduce some new maps as Im getting a bit bored of the launch ones.

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
Addicted to conquest here. I think the game is superb. Easily one of the best BF games to date so far. Every time I think I’m getting bored I discover a new gun or something different about the game which makes me want to improve

DemonAV

Distinguished Member
I've been playimg this since launch so I should know the answer but are there other guns that are not shown in the class weapon options that unlock by playing the tides of war etc?

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
I've been playimg this since launch so I should know the answer but are there other guns that are not shown in the class weapon options that unlock by playing the tides of war etc?
There have been three guns available in this Tides of War, one for support, one for recon and one for assault. I don't think they appeared in the respective class' weapons list until that week had finished.

I've unlocked them all by completing the Tides of War assignments, so I never noticed if they showed in the weapons list or not, but a friend bought the support gun using Company Coins, so they must be available somewhere.

KiLLiNG-TiME

Distinguished Member
Been playing a little bit enjoyed the single player games but the online games just seem to be a load of squads running around in circles, question how do the squads talk to each other? can they? otherwise whats the bloody point? as it just comes across as paintball in WW2 dress, fun if you like that but gets tiresome imho in all fairness tjhough its a nice look game just needs more work like calling air support in on your position.

I guess the secret to this game is being in a decent squad.

& goodness i do struggle with the controller guess i do miss playing on a PC keyboard/mouse etc is there a way to disable L3 R3 on the downwards action as i cannot find it.

Thanks for letting me in the AVF squad btw.

Last edited:

mudshark

Been playing a little bit enjoyed the single player games but the online games just seem to be a load of squads running around in circles, question how do the squads talk to each other? can they? otherwise whats the bloody point? as it just comes across as paintball in WW2 dress, fun if you like that but gets tiresome imho in all fairness tjhough its a nice look game just needs more work like calling air support in on your position.

I guess the secret to this game is being in a decent squad.

& goodness i do struggle with the controller guess i do miss playing on a PC keyboard/mouse etc is there a way to disable L3 R3 on the downwards action as i cannot find it.

Thanks for letting me in the AVF squad btw.
I generally play with a group of mates in private party chat, which does make a hell of a difference, as communication is key (as well as all the rubbish we spout!). I generally just play TDM solo, as its far more run and gun and not as tactical (apart from the camping weasels you find in every game!)

DemonAV

Distinguished Member
Ive noticed a couple of bugs recently that are frustrating. First is sometimes when I'm involved in a close quarters gunfight when I pull the trigger I equip my melle weapon. Not good when you taking on a couple of heavily armed troops and trying to bash them with a shovel. Also when using the anti aircraft guns and I'll track an aircraft flying directly overhead for some reason the game will dump me out of the AA gun. Both seem to be happening increasingly for some reason and it isnt me mashing buttons in panic.

mudshark

With regards to thoughts on the game, I really enjoy it. It plays like BF3 to me, which is my favorite iteration and I have no desire to play anything else at the moment.

I love the gun play and the tactical element, especially with what the attrition system brings to the game, more realistic and forces tactical squad play.

However I still cannot get to grips with the tanks and handling, admittedly I was a bit of a tank wh*re in BF3 and was in the top 1% for tank scores in the world but struggle to drive them in BFV.

I would love to see attack helicopters introduced too.

Last edited:

KiLLiNG-TiME

Distinguished Member
Not a bug but how many times ha
I do that a lot :rotfl:, usually results in me being bagged.
Yes me two my old hands do struggle with the PS4 controller since moving to a PS4 i had to move the melee from R3 to the o button :D now the trouble is standing up with moving & shooting :(:rotfl: same goes for flying am in a dive & roll & suddenly i am in first person view going what the crash !!

Another little thing is healing people instead of healing i end up with their weapon not good :rolleyes:

I guess i just need to get better with the controller.

Last edited:

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
Healing isn’t too bad, try to get into the habit of just tapping the once.

I’m hooked to the game. Every time I think it’s staryed to wear off, I find a new weapon or a new way to play. The trouble is that the hours I play really aren’t doing me any favours.

mudshark

Healing isn’t too bad, try to get into the habit of just tapping the once.

I’m hooked to the game. Every time I think it’s staryed to wear off, I find a new weapon or a new way to play. The trouble is that the hours I play really aren’t doing me any favours.
Me too, I am knackered :thumbsdow

I don't like it and can't explain why. Doesn't feel like war, feels like a bunch of solo people hiding or running around aimlessly. Maybe the maps, the weapons, something doesn't click with me. Looks and sounds stunning.
Going back to bf 4 I think.

DemonAV

Distinguished Member
I don't like it and can't explain why. Doesn't feel like war, feels like a bunch of solo people hiding or running around aimlessly. Maybe the maps, the weapons, something doesn't click with me. Looks and sounds stunning.
Going back to bf 4 I think.
I agree. The last 2 BF's imo are not good games. BF1's weapons (yes I know vintage ones) are practically useless, unless they were altered with an update? BF5 although better is just a free for all with poor maps. I started playing BF4 again after a long hiatus and its just more exciting with weapons that have weight and great vehicles & maps. I'm hoping that BF6 reverts to a contemporary theatre rather than a historical one.

greenline

i have played bf1 but i have given bf5 a miss because im not a fan of the game engine they have used or weapons.

I started playing BF4 again after a long hiatus and its just more exciting with weapons that have weight and great vehicles & maps. I'm hoping that BF6 reverts to a contemporary theatre rather than a historical one.
i still think bf4 is one of the best online fps on the ps4, especially with all the free maps they gave away a while back.

for me, if they did a bf4 style game but based around mercenaries with a wide range of guns, tanks, cars etc... new and old, that would be perfect.

DemonAV

Distinguished Member
Yes I agree. I'm playing Apex Legends at the moment and for a free BR game its damn near perfect so I'm spending all my online gaming on that at present but will go back to BF4 at some point.